Why won't my bf talk about the future anymore? Please read details

hi. I'm 16 years old. My bf and I have been dating for 2 years now. We were best friends before we started dating. He wanted more but I wasn't ready. But I changed my mind and we are so happy now. He's amazing and I feel like we are perfect for each other. But the thing on my mind is that like the first year we started dating, he used to love to talk about the future (kids, marriage, etc.) well lately he doesn't want to talk about it. He does a bit but not like he used to. He says he don't want to plan the future out he wants to live now. He also has said once he is afraid to plan our future bc what if it doesn't work? He still thinks we will get married and talks about it but not like details anymore. Why? Does he not think we have one? Is this a hint I'm not getting?

Asianqueen505

Asked by Asianqueen505 at 10:35 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• I'm sorry this may not be what you want to hear but i think you need to quit worrying about boys and focus on growing up and getting an education
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 10:39 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Sorry to say, but he may not see you in his future.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:42 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• hmm dont know for sure but you two are still so young. When you first stared dating you were basically kids. Maybe hes just scared that things will come differently and you will be upset. Its a time of uncertainty we are living in. zi understand you concerns. Mostl (not all) couples that young will not last until marriage. Good luck to the two of you
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 10:43 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• i second that, PLEASE consider what rhonda says
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 10:45 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Not trying to be rude but you need to focus on your education and your future because that will be around a lot longer than any boy at your age. Do you have a baby already ? Just wondering because your on CM good luck with your future.
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 10:45 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I'm confused, are you even a mother?? and if so, don't you have more than enough to worry about regardless?? you're sixteen (if, in fact, this is a real post), you have your whole life ahead of you. talk is cheap, btw...no point to talk about the future, wait and see what happens...
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 10:55 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I agree with everyone else....when you are as young as the two of you are, what you want changes constantly...don't worry so much about the future and what is going to happen when your grown up...right now you need to be worrying about getting a solid education and just enjoying your life as a 16 year old....your only young for a little while...your an adult for a LONG time and it's not always peaches, rainbows and love.

Good luck honey
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:10 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• He was a little boy when he talked about the future. He's still a little boy but he is now getting closer to being an adult and he's probably starting to realize that he doesn't want all of that at such a young age. Seems like he's realizing that there is a whole lot that life has to offer and how much he won't be able to experience with a wife and family at a really young age. Don't worry so much about what he wants and what he sees in the future. Worry about making a future for yourself and your child (since if you are on CM you have one..right?).
    spoiled_wife

Answer by spoiled_wife at 3:33 PM on Apr. 22, 2011