A friend and I were having a serious discussion about the Little Mommy Doll and accessories and maybe other moms might have insight ?

I think that those dolls are sending the wrong message because being a mommy is not all fun and games. I think that there are so many teenage mothers because they thought at a young age it was fun and cute. Its hard work as most of us mothers have learned. How do you feel about this ? I dont want people to bash me I just wondered what opinions other had. I have a boy so I dont have to worry about him wanting these just wondered because she was so heated about it

christinahenry

Asked by christinahenry at 10:42 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I think its natural. I have two girls and they play mom with any and all their dolls. I don't think that their is anything wrong with it at all. I use to play house with my dolls when I was a child. Its just kids acting like their parents and learning. Its not something that can be stopped.
    When they get older they will understand more and know being a parent isn't easy, but for now let them have their innocent fun.
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 10:49 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Actually, kids NEED dolls in order to learn empathy and nurturing. Having a toy as a small child does not a teen mom make.

My son had dolls, cars, kitchen...

He isn't a teen dad, he never stole the car and he hasn't bunt my house down trying to cook like mommy.

He had a doll to understand to be gentle and kind and to nurture something. It is other factors that lead to young girls wanting a baby soon or actually having sex to "fit in" or "feel loved".
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:46 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Plus I have 2 SS and they play dad right along with my girls. Its all natural.
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 10:50 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I think that some of the dolls that are coming out for little girls are ones that should not be out! I saw one that was a breast feeding doll, its to teach how important breast feeding is for a baby. I am sorry but some of these dolls are WAY OUT OF LINE!! Little girls can play house and want to play mommy to a baby.. but to me these dolls are taking it to an extreme that is unreal!! My SD and the one on the way will NEVER have any of these dolls. I also can not stand the baby a live dolls because to me they are just way to much!! That is just my opinion.
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 10:50 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• My boys are 4 & 5, our daughter is 2. There were never dolls in the house until we had our daughter. The boys play with the dolls (they are daddy) and it is nice to see how they feel a parent should be. I never would have thought to buy them a doll.

I am not sure about the Little Mommy Doll and what it does. Guess I'll have to look into it.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 10:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2011