Kids say the darnedest things! What is the dang darnedest thing your kid has said?

My 5 year old son, my daughter, and I where cleaning up one day, he stopped me and look me straight in the the eye then said " Mommy I'm a man now" smiled and just walked away with his chest pumped up. I couldn't do anything but just look at him and smile back at him in honor but then wondering, wait WTH? Where did that come from. But it was soooo cute. Just reminiscing because he is going to start kindergarten this year. Tear...

SMITxsM2

Asked by SMITxsM2 at 10:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• When my oldest son was about 6 he was out with his grandma & great grandpa driving somewhere. As usual, great grandpa started telling a story that started "Back in my day...". My son piped up with, "I guess its just not your day anymore, is it?"
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 10:54 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• my cat was in my room where hes not aloud, and i yelled at him to get out and my 3 y/o daughter says, mama pissy, mama pissy pissy.
    i didnt even know she knew that word..
    i was like wth.. but it was funny..
    shes say new words all the time i never would have gussed she understood.
    jlouise03

Answer by jlouise03 at 10:56 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• We were in line at the grocery store. My oldest, who was maybe 4 at the time, asked VERY loudly why the lady in front of us had a huge mustache. The lady definitely heard and looked our way. I was mortified. I had already started unloading the cart otherwise I would have moved lanes. Needless to say we had a long long chat in the car.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 10:57 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• can I repeat what now ex husband once said: All proud of himself, when I came home from work one afternoon. I don't even remember what the delema was but he exclained "I think, I had a thought." I never showed emotion but listened to his suggestion to only later that evening repeat it to him and then he realized, what he's said..
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 10:57 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• My kiddos and I were playing dance central and my 5yo son got mad that we were being loud and laughing...he put one hand on his hip pointing his finger at brothers and sisters and said "number 2 no laughing and number 3 no yelling!" my 10yo son said "what's number one?" My 5yo said "number 1 is no asking about number 1!"
    lovinlifewith5

Answer by lovinlifewith5 at 11:00 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• These are HILARIOUS! I LOVE LITTLE PEOPLE! Especially little girls because they are so nosy and pick up things so fast they act like little mamas! And boys well they are just my little hero's all the way supermen.
    SMITxsM2

Comment by SMITxsM2 (original poster) at 11:08 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• My son found our bird watching book. He started flipping through it and I heard him go "Where are you Chicken Little?".
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 11:08 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I made a post about this a few days ago, but it's conversation we had earlier this week. She's 3.

DD: Mama, I want to go to prom.
    Me: You do? Do you even know what prom is?
    DD: Yeah.
    Me: What is it?
    DD: It's when you get dressed up, and do your hair pretty, and put on makeup.
    Me: Then what?
    DD: Then you give me a hundred dollars.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:28 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• My DS 5 was helping to pick up the living room one day. He had a list he had to accomplish while I did my things, it was like pick up cars, places clothes in hamper, put swords/nerf guns in toy box. But, he can't read, so the list was verbal. I got through telling him his "jobs" and he places his hands on his hips, gets this matter of fact look on his face, and goes "Mom, I'm not an octopus. I have 2 hands, not 8. I can't do all these things at once unless you want me to to go to the ocean, grow tentacles, and become an octopus. But honestly, I like being a kid." I just stared at him for a minute and then went baby I meant these were the things you had to accomplish in general, not all at once. You have time to do them 1 at a time. He thought for a moment and went "oh" then ran off and accomplished the list. I just stood there shaking my head laughing.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 11:29 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• My daught is still learning to talk. So her new thing is Lock it in.
    TeresaM35

Answer by TeresaM35 at 11:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2011