What's going on

I have been having cramps for the last hour or so. It only hurts on one side (right) and it comes and goes every 3-6 mins. It hurts for about 20-30 seconds and then it almost completely goes away. I just went to the bathroom (TMI) to see if it would go away. It hurts right in my pelvic region, it's not terrible, but pretty uncomfortable. Now, it has stopped coming and going and it is just really achy. What could this be? Should I just go to bed or call my doctor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• How far along are you?
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:10 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• 21 weeks
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:11 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Drink lots of water, rest, and call the doctor if you're still worried. I'd call the doctor if it doesn't settle down within half an hour or so.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:13 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I agree, drink lots of water, try to relax and if it doesnt get better call the dr. Better safe then sorry and even if it isnt anything to worry about hearing that from the dr will ease your mind a little
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 11:18 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I agree when you're dehydrated your muscles contract which could cause the crampy feeling. also a severe uti could cause pain in pregnancy ...I've had it happen when I thought there was something really very wrong and went to the er to find out it was just a raging uti......so becareful
    asmama6706

Answer by asmama6706 at 11:20 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Pain and discomfort that comes and goes are either BH or preterm labor. The suggestions above for drinking water and laying down are the best to determine which it is. BH will slow down and go away, preterm labor may slow down but won't go away. You are not very far along so if you experience contractions that you can not stop or a lot of pressure on your cervix you will want to call your dr or go into ob for monitoring.

Good Luck!!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 11:16 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Probably braxton hicks contractions. Get used to them! The further along you are, the more they come. They can be frustrating because unlike real pre-labor contractions, they don't do anything for your body as far as dilating or effacing you.
    ours

Answer by ours at 11:33 AM on Apr. 22, 2011