All i see is...

These young girls ages 15-18 so worried about having or being with a boy friend...why would you want to start so young?! When i was 15 i wasnt even interested in guys or dating i just feel like they are wasting all the good innocent years on boys where are the moms in this anyway letting them waste there young life on boys, when they should be worrying about school and their life goals? right?

brandnew744

Asked by brandnew744 at 11:11 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• It is not easy to control what a teenage girl does and wants. No matter how a mother tries they are not always able. They have to just keep at it and not give up.
    But you seem to be implying that the mothers do not care and just "allow" this. That is usually not the case.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:17 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I met DH when I was 16 so I understand the young girls.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:19 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I was a boy crazy 15 year old, I regret it now and should have focused on my studies but I don't blame my mother I blame my hormones and the fact that I was just a stupid kid. Every girl I knew when I was 15 was boy crazy, and it seems to have gotten worse over the years because now you see 12 year old pregnant girls walking around. When you're a kid you don't worry about the future, just the present.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:25 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I met boyfriend when I was 13 my dad just left us and moved to FL. I didn't even know my parents were not getting along. I was a daddys girl to the max and when he left I acted out. I ended up quitting school, and then getting pregnant at 16. It has been 12 yrs since then, I got my GED went to college and had another child. I am happier then I could ever hope to be and just started my family a little earlier in life.
    RedDahlia82

Answer by RedDahlia82 at 11:56 PM on Apr. 21, 2011