Is it necessary to take my daughter to the doctor because of this...please help me..im so scared! UPDATE

My daughter is 6 months old. She was sleeping on my chest this afternoon and sometimes when she sleeps on me and i move she will cry cuz i moved her a bit. Well today i went to turn off the lamp beside me and she started crying but then she started to shake. Really bad. Like jerking. Scared me so much i jumped up, blew in her face so she would catch her breath and tried my very best to calm her down. When i calmed her down, about 30 seconds later she started doing it again. She was jerking and crying and her lips turned purple. I yelled at my husband to call 911. I was so afraid. He told me she was just fine and that she just got scared from a bad dream or something. It didnt seem like that at all. I know my baby...that wasnt a bad dream. I took her outside to get some fresh air. She has been fine since then.

Should i call a doctor tmrw and get her checked out just to be sure? Or am i just worrying too much? I know she has been going thru a growth spurt cuz she is eating a ton and sleeping a LOT so i thought, maybe she got some kind of leg cramp but didnt know how to react or respond and it just freaked her out...what do you think?

I just got off the phone with a doctor at Children's Mercy and they said that it very well could have been a seizure, but because she is doing fine now and that it lasted under a minute that that is very reassuring. But she said if nothing happens tonight, to defintely bring her in within the next couple days just to check her out and make sure everything is fine. Which was my orginal plan.

Thank you ladies so much! I really appreciate you taking the time out to help me. Your comments really have made me feel a bit better in dealing with this. I honestly had a feeling like i was going to lose her when i saw her face and the way she was acting...

thank you so much...

Mommy103110

Asked by Mommy103110 at 11:18 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes get that checked out ...asap! tomorrow if you can
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:19 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• omg..how scary!! you should take her to the ER right now sounds like a seizure
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 11:19 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Have to say, that sounds like it ~could~ be a seizure. I would get her checked to be sure.
    Anonymous

• That sounds like a seizure! I would be taking her to the ER right NOW
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:20 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Take her to Dr,if nothing else ease your mind
    sarah389

Answer by sarah389 at 11:20 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I would take her to the ER! Seizures are serious and if she has a condition it needs to be treated.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:21 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Lips turning blue equals a doctors check ASAP in my book. None of my three kids ever got blue lips....ever. Have her checked out.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:21 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Yes, get her checked out. I know your going to be up all night with worry. Please let us know what you find out.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 11:22 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I would definitely go to the ER NOW! Sounds like a seizure and those can prove to be very dangerous. Definitely ER and definitely NOW.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:28 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Thank you ladies.... im so scared. I thought if anything bad ever happened i would be the person to freeze. But i didnt. At the time i didnt even cry. I was just thinking of everything i could do to help her. It didnt hit me till now as im sittin here thinking about it now that everything has settled down that i just started crying really hard.

I feel like im a bad mom for not crying right away....but all i could think about was what i could do to help her. I guess i was just in shock....
    Do you ladies think that because she is fine now.. no temperature or anything..that i should still take her to the ER??
    Mommy103110

Comment by Mommy103110 (original poster) at 11:28 PM on Apr. 21, 2011