should i move on with this new guy friend

me and this guy have been friends for about 8 years and when i got pregnant which was a year ago he really stepped up and was there for me the whole way through because my baby daddy had left me . things started getting serious and he began telling me that he loved me .and that he wants to be with me ..okay i had the baby already and he hasn't left he loves her as his own ..basically he has been loyal to me for more than a year .i got heart broke in my last relationship and therefore i was slow with taking things to another level.should I give him a chance i like him also but i don't wanna be left with another heart broken ..What do yall think ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Relationships

• You'll never know if he is the one if you don't take a chance.
    Colleen801

Answer by Colleen801 at 10:53 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I think he sounds like a great guy. if he's interested in that kind of relationship with you, then sure, go for it. Congrats on the baby girl! BTW, personally I think best relationships begin as friends so I think you've got a really good chance of it working out :)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:54 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• give him a chance
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 10:54 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Best FRIENDS are a marriage......along w/ communication. I think you would be crazy not to step up and take your heart out for him
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 11:06 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• this guy doesn't sound like he'd do you wrong

Answer by admckenzie at 11:20 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Nothing he does for you or your baby will make you have those feelings for him, and you need chemistry as well as someone that is good to you. No spark then don't break his heart and let him know you should stay really close friends. But if you are attracted to him, you and he are friends and he is kind to your child then go for it! Nothing ventured nothing gained! Broken hearts mend and the hurt helps mold you into a better person, you learn something from everything you go thru in life. God doesn't close a door without opening a window for you!
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 11:26 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• This guy sounds GREAT and I think you should definitely take a chance on him. There aren't many guys like that---if it doesn't work out at least you have your daughter. As someone who is losing a great guy because of no attraction feelings, I say snap him up!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Usually if a guy is going to leave you he's not going to leave during the "fun" times...its through the rough spots they don't want to stick around. This guy has already proven that he will stick with you through the hard times. It sounds like you're making him pay for what your ex did to your heart...you gotta let that go.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:50 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Take a chance girl.... take the chance. With love comes risks. He didn't run when you had a kid... he's not going to run now.
    alaskaice

Answer by alaskaice at 8:30 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Do you have feelings for him...I mean loving and sexually? Then give him a chance
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:01 PM on Dec. 3, 2008