Straightner

I have very curly hair, I dont straighten it often but sometimes I like to.. I have a straightner but I dont really care for it. Does anyone know of a good one that maybe has rounded plates so it isnt so flat and lifeless?? They are just so expensive so I dont just want to buy one and have it not work.

VBM7287

Asked by VBM7287 at 11:44 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Love my Babyliss Pro Titanium. Even in rain and snow my hair does not frizz or curl back up. Gets my hair straight, smooth and soft. I have very very thick and curly hair. I mean seriously, people call people over to feel how heavy my hair is.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 11:46 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• i have a red conair ceramic plate one and i really like it
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:46 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Where did you get them??
    VBM7287

Comment by VBM7287 (original poster) at 11:49 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I got mine on Ebay. It was $64 brand new, never opened. I had $10 in Ebay bucks so I only paid $54!!
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 11:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I have a BaByliss as well, and it's awesome. I've gone through about a dozen other straighteners, ConAir and other cheaper brands, and they don't last long, nor do they do a good job. I paid right at 100 dollars for this, but it's proved to be worth every penny.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• A few things. Do not buy something cheap like conair for thick, curly hair. Those cheap irons are just coated with ceramic and have cheap aluminum underneath.

Spending the money on a good flat iron is worth it. Babyliss, Chi, and Ion are all great. Rounded plates aren't going to make a difference. A one inch flat iron should have swiveling plates.

Also, using product while straightening is always more effective. Try the Paul Mitchell super skinny line. They have a ton of great straightening products, that remove half the work for you. Whenever I do a press in the salon I always use a straightening cream, and a thermal setting spray, and finish it off with a silk serum.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:57 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• You style by conair. Flat iron but on one side it has curved plates you can either choose to flip up or under. Heats in 30 sec! (curved plates do not burn you either)
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 12:06 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• My fav is the solia from folicacom best one I could find 80 bux but free shipping and 2 year warranty
    Novakane6

Answer by Novakane6 at 12:06 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I have the In-Styler and I LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!! I have think curly hair that frizzes always but not with this.
    huntin_mama

Answer by huntin_mama at 1:04 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Thank you so much for all the tips!!!
    VBM7287

Comment by VBM7287 (original poster) at 1:10 AM on Apr. 22, 2011