Is there anything you can do to not get nauseous on percocet?

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 11:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Health

• EAT before you take it. It was either my tonsils or my wisdom teeth that I got percocet for the pain, and I clearly remember it saying to take with food. Problem was I couldn't swallow very well so I wasn't getting enough food in my stomach. I finally had to get switched to Tylenol 3 with codeine. Percocet has been the ONLY medication that I've vomited after taking.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:03 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Try eating first, this will help with the absorption of the percocet. Even if it's just a piece of toast.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:04 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Percocet doesn't bother me but Vicodin does, I use to have to split the pills in half - take one half than wait 15 minutes and take the other half or I'd get sick. Now anytime I get prescribed pain meds I just tell them I can't take vicodin.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 12:04 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• It doesn't bother me, but my bottle has a sticker on it that says to take with food. Also maybe take less, like half the dose?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• try food or with a glass of milk...thats what the pharm people always told me to do if i got sick taking meds.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 3:02 AM on Apr. 22, 2011