All the single ladies...

I have met someone online and we have been chatting/texting, talked on the phone once. He is a professional chef and moving to my area in the next couple of weeks. I have had a few guy friends since my divorce and a couple of friends with benefits but nothing serious since before my exhusband. I feel like a giddy school girl with this guy and he is really into me too. BUT...I don't really know what to do in a dating relationship since it has been over 15 years since I have dated.

HELP! :)

MChildressDem

Asked by MChildressDem at 12:03 AM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• I'm sorry, I can't help......I'm married and have been out of the loop now for 17-1/2 years, BUT...

Did want to say that I NOW CANNOT GET THAT SONG OUT OF MY HEAD!!

singing

AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:11 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I believe you should "hold out" until he proves he really going to live here and not just visiting and then vanishes. And only talking on the phone once. IDK about that one. How long have you been talking again. Emotional security should be your main objective if your looking for something serious.
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 12:14 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Don't let those heels get too far above your head. Keep 'em on the ground ;) Other than that, instead of "dating", how about just having chats together to get to know each other on a more personal level? I didn't date my now husband before we were married. We just hung out, had a good time being friends, and it just eventually became more.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:42 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I'd play it by ear and just focus on having fun and getting to know each other.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 2:28 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• When we chat online it is usually for hours at a time and I just got off the phone with him from an 8hr conversation
    MChildressDem

Comment by MChildressDem (original poster) at 7:50 AM on Apr. 22, 2011