Stop the maddness!

My 2nd in line son was married had two children now divorced. I get along very well with his ex take the kids when ever I want. #2 his ex gilfriend now he also has two kids with is always trying to make me play one against the other. Most resently I set up a time for an Easter egg hunt for all of my grandchildren. The time has now been changed 3 times all because of #2 because I don't love her kids as much as everybody elses. At least one of their grandmothers cares about them and does stuff for them. I thought thats what I was trying to do.. She is driving me insane. six hours she text and called me today about this...I have 5 other families to work around the only one giving me a problem is her. Is it me... what the heck am I doing wrong?

d.boughton

Asked by d.boughton at 12:04 AM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• Make your plans, set the time...and leet her deal with it. I'm sure the kids will be whining that they are missing out at Grandmas.
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 12:10 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Set up a date and time and LEAVE it at that. If she can't make it, she can't make it. No sense in trying to accomidate everyone...since everyone else will be inconvienced because of her.

ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 12:07 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• You set your plans, you invite, you don't accommodate for one person who is playing you.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:11 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I think she meant that #2 says that she doesn't love her kids as much.
    #2 is feeling insecure. Try having some private time with her and talk to her about how much you love all the children.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:21 AM on Apr. 22, 2011