I am only going to have one baby but why do I feel so sad when I see him getting teeth and ready to crawl and walk ?.

Did any other moms feel excited and sad at the same time

christinahenry

Asked by christinahenry at 12:53 AM on Apr. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• We only have one and I know what you mean, its the only time you will see this milestones, but mostly I got excited because it was one more step of being more independant and i loved that. I loved seeing the look on his face everytime he figured out how to do something new.

But I totally get what you mean, and its normal and understandable.

choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 10:27 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I felt excited because they are capacle to do more things and be more independent, but I would get sad becasue they grow up so fast and the first year flies soo fast.
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 1:09 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• not with my first but if you plan no more this is very normal...I was like this with our 3rd because we are having no more
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 1:18 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Because it's the first and last time you will be experienceing these things. :( I get bummed too because my three year old is my second child and it bums me out that most likely my last because i'm divorced. I just treasure these moments more. i take lots of pictures. If you have a video camera you should record it. :)
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 2:52 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I feel the same way sometimes, and I think it's because they grow so fast and they're not a teeny peanut anymore! I remember how tiny my DS was and it's scary how fast time flys by! But we can't stop time! There r so many great stages to come enjoy today and keep the past in your heart!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 10:33 AM on Apr. 22, 2011