How do I make a girl?..I want to try again but I'm scarred Ill have another boy!!I really want a girl...so far I have 2 boys n 0 girls!! Any Tips??

Mluvs7

Asked by Mluvs7 at 1:05 AM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• To have a girl is up to the fathers xy chromosomes, there may be old wives tales on how to have a girl, but there isnt anything you can actually do except hope that he shoots an x and keeps the y's away.
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 1:12 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• There's no way to control whether you have a boy or a girl. You can do certain things to maybe make it a little more likely (have sex a couple days before you ovulate but not right before or after), but you have a 50% chance of having another boy. If you really really want a girl, you could look into adoption. : )
    katinthehat8914

Answer by katinthehat8914 at 1:12 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• There are several methods said to increase chances of conceiving a girl. You can follow a special diet (don't know specifics on that), or you can time intercourse to make it more likely that the X sperm (female gene) reach the egg. X sperm are heavier and slower than Y sperm, but Y sperm do not live as long. So if you time intercourse to happen 3 days before ovulation (NOT DURING OVULATION) then you, theoretically at least, increase chances of having a girl. This is the same method they use in the laboratory, where they "spin" sperm to separate the heavier X from the lighter Y and then select the desired gender from the separated sperm.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:13 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• you get what you get and don't throw a fit.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• theirs nothing you can do I'm in the same boat but I only have one boy but I only want 2 so of I don't have a girl next time I don't know what to do
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 1:15 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• im just the opposite from you i have a girl and im currently pregnant with baby # 2 and i find out the gender 2marrow which is exciting and im hoping for my boy but like all the other post said its up to fathers chromosomes there's nothing you can do about it are you pregnant or or you trying to get pregnant with your 3rd baby .
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 2:11 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Adopt a girl.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 6:50 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Sorry, but you get what you get.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 9:56 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• isnt that the truth tararene pregnant with #3 and it's another girl ahhhhhh
    vgaines

Answer by vgaines at 7:27 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• My friend tried Shettlers Method and had a girl!! Anyone know about it?? Or Tried it??
    Mluvs7

Comment by Mluvs7 (original poster) at 10:32 PM on Apr. 22, 2011