Quiet beach house or hotel in Disney World?

Planning our dream vacation but we can't decide. Family of 6- my husband and I, our son and 3 daughters- He wants a trip to Disney World- I thought that place was crazy when I was 9!! LOL but he's never been and I want to rent a beach house in NorthCarolina for a week and just let the kids play in the sand, hit the local museums, etc. We both went to NC years ago and fell in love with this smaller town that was really nice, and not so touristy and we could go in the next 3 yrs (our littlest is one), but he thinks the park would be more fun for the kids when they're a bit older (which means waiting about 6yrs)... I hated it cuz it was exhausting! LOL What would you decide and why?! lol We have time galore, but it's something we talk about often so this is just kind of for fun! THaNKs!! :)

KariLyn84

Asked by KariLyn84 at 1:07 AM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I think disneyland would be great, it is more kid oriented and they have more things to do. Plus kids always remember their first trip to disney, I was 6 and I fell in love with it.
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 1:13 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Disney World!!!!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:14 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Beach!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 1:34 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• For me Beach,I have done that at least 3 times. Have the husband take the kids to Disney world. Can you do half and half or most beach and one day Disney world?
    sweet11-12

Answer by sweet11-12 at 2:01 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I love staying in the resorts. If you are looking for a more adult feel, try Coronado Springs, it's beautiful, but used mostly for conventions. I love not having to lift a finger getting to and from parks. Renting a house involves work. That's the last thing I want to do on vacation
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 7:59 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Disney World would be more awesome, and it is more kid oriented, but North Carolina is a nice break away from everything. It's usually pretty quiet and relaxing there.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 11:48 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• well id save the beach house trip for u and hubby and go to disney for the family trip i think they would enjoy that more and even if you dont thinks its the best thing in the world after you go its still a dream for everyone usually so then thye can ay they went
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 4:36 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• DISNEY WOrld mommy
    prdVirgobby

Answer by prdVirgobby at 3:31 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• If its with the kids then definitly Disney World, save the beach trip for just you and hubby. And even if you do go to Disney you can still spend some time on the beach.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 12:19 PM on Apr. 24, 2011