Should I delete her??

On my son's Kindergarten field trip he had a buddy that he had to stay with through the park. Most everyone's parents came so we got to meet my son's friend's mom. She's much older, but she seemed a bit conservative, but nice and had a decent sense of humor. Her son and mine seemed to have a lot in common, so we exchanged numbers. An hour later, she finds me on FB which I thought was weird, but no biggie, kind of a compliment I guess that she liked us well enough. But then as I'm reading over some of her recent posts, she talks about this and that concerning her son, and her friends post things like, "schools almost over then he won't have that woman for his teacher" or "it's not your son that has a problem, it's the teacher that's the problem." Well, they're in the same class, so the teacher her friends are mouthing about (more incidents that just 2) is also my son's teacher who happens to be freakin awesome!!! Or maybe I feel that way because she's never had problems with my son, IDK- his teacher has agreed to help me with a curriculum for my daughter this yr cuz she misses the K deadline by 2 weeks!! So she said she'll help me get everything I need to know to teach her everything my son learned this year. She's a fantastic teacher, my son adores her- and I just have this kind of ugh feeling towards this other mom now. I asked my son if his friend gets in trouble a lot and he said yeah, every week. Then I seen a post of hers recently that said the counselor called her to come pick up her son, and something about getting the whole story. He's an only child, she talks about that he throws fits and cries if he doesn't get his way and she blames it on their teacher because she's too easy on him?! I'm just not sure- I don't want to be rude, but can I just tell her we'll keep in touch via email or something?! LOL

KariLyn84

Asked by KariLyn84 at 1:22 AM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• The one thing I've learned since my oldest entered preschool over 5 years ago is that no matter how much I love (or not love) a teacher, a perfectly intelligent, normal parent of another child is going to disagree. It's not a statement on the other mom at all. I happened to love my son's kindergarten teacher so much we asked her to request our daughter for placement in her class two years later. I have friends that have (or will have) made arrangements to have 3 kids in the family placed with her. However, there are others who don't like this teacher's style and approach. To each their own.

If this boy is friends with your son and your original impression was a decent one, then leave this woman for now. I wouldn't' let a difference of opinion about a single subject make a determination on her as a person. It's just a different preference. If it's a pattern and you don't click, then reconsider the link (or hide her)
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 2:03 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Different strokes for different folks...right? Why are you taking her differing opinion on the teacher so personally? You aren't in her shoes. You initially liked her and felt her son would make a good friend, but the fact that she doesn't feel the teacher that you like is doing an adequate job is going to change your opinion? Until there is a problem directly between you and her or with her son and your son, I think deleting her as a friend is a little silly. Give it some time and wait and see.
    I think this is a good time to just lead by example and send the message to your son that you can never have too many friends.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 1:32 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Personally, I"d stay friends w/ her just to see what she has to say about things. You can restrict what she sees of your page if it bothers you. She seems like one of those people that over-share on FB. I have one that I keep as a friend just because all the stuff she says is just so...overly dramatic. Makes me shake my head every time. But really you can drop her as a friend on FB & not say anything. People do it all the time. Your child might not even be in the same class as hers next yr anyway.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Yeah, I'd delete, but I'd wait until after school is over for the year and then delete her.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:25 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I would keep her as a friend so you can keep an eye on what she is saying. I would not comment on anything she says. When something happens at school and she say something then I would ask my child what happen at school today. So you do know what is going on. I think sometime parents don't want to take the blame for there child/children and they wand someone to blame...
    TeresaM35

Answer by TeresaM35 at 9:46 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I would just ignore her rants. Probably hide her comments so you don't have to read them, but she still can message you and you her about things concerning your kids. She's probably just one of those mom's who's kid can do no wrong, and as annoying as it is, it can be over looked.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:27 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• just have things to do when she wants to hang and or stay off fb for a bit or at least what she can see that u were on there or if you dont care about just telling her maybe you should look at your kid then she prob wont want to talk to you or maybe her problems are hers and not yours and the kids will still have fun together
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 4:26 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Yeah, I would delete her
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 1:31 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• delete and block her, then she might just think you deleted your fb account all together.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 8:27 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Not all kids have the same experience with the same teachers teacher.... some kids/teachers just clash. It doesn't make her a bad person. Sounds like she and her son have had a tough year with that teacher. Consider yourself lucky that you and your son are having a positive experience with this teacher.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:58 AM on Apr. 24, 2011