4yr old b-day party

My son is turning 4 on may 31st and I am having him an outside party at our local park. I live in South Carolina so I do realize that it will be warm outside.temp probably will be around (80-90 degrees). I am having the party from noon to 3pm. I know that some will think that it is hot outside and complain but i am planning to have fans and the onning thing has fans too so i think it will help. I was needing some ideas of things i could put in goodie bags? Also I know they will have a huge playground to play on but should i plan games too if so what are some ideas?

SunShine_31

Asked by SunShine_31 at 1:22 AM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I wouldn't suggest games at that age. Goody bags...honestly, for that age, I'd just pick up the pre-packaged ones you can get at Wal-Mart in their party department. Maybe buy some candy or extra treats to go in it too, but for 4 year olds, they just want to play and eat cake! LOL
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:27 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• that's what I was thinking too thanks
    SunShine_31

Comment by SunShine_31 (original poster) at 1:33 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• my daughter wanted a pirate party for her 4th. i put stuff in her bags with a pirate theme. I went to the dollar tree and was able to find a lot of stuff for the bags there. We had a pirate come to the party and do a show but I don't think any of the kids would have wanted to play games.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 7:44 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• you can buy a pack of bubbles for them to play with. Ds's 4th bday was Iron man 2 so it was Iron Man themed stuff. But if you go to a party store, or dollar store, you can find some cute party favors to throw in there.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:03 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I had my DDs 4th birthday at a park. It was HOT, but we all survived it fine. I rented a picnic shelter. I did not plan any games, for the children played on the playground most of the party. We did have a pinata. :) The party was great!. I am renting the same shelter for this year's party.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 9:04 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• 3 hours... You must have the party list by detail give invitations and get confirmations...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 1:40 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Treat bags I would probably suggest some bubbles, your childs favorite candy or snack, and something that goes with the theme of the party(stickers, tattoes, etc.) Games I would probably only do one like pin the tail on the donkey or pin something on what what the theme is. Quick and easy. I hope this helps.
    smileynikki712

Answer by smileynikki712 at 7:40 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• If its going to be hot you can get little water guns ( or squirters) cheaply.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 11:09 AM on Apr. 25, 2011