Keeping FB Friends

Through Cafemom, I met a local mom and we became friends. Through the years we have drifted apart and, honestly, have found out we do not have much at all in common. We are friends on FB...she never responds to my posts and when I respond to hers, she doesn't acknowledge. When I go through my deleting moments, I'm always so tempted to delete her but don't because I would think things would be awkward when I saw her out and about and at certain kiddie functions that her work place hosts.

Are you FB friends with people that you really aren't friends with and, if so, do you still talk to them or just ignore them completely?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 1:38 AM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• I had a deleting frenzy once that was inspired by a friend of mine that we used to be inseperable, but between her being a lesbian- a promiscuous one at that, and me getting married to a man and having kids, I very quickly got sick of seeing her posts about who she made out with and all the drama drama drama. Then I deleted another girl because she was never even on FB, used to be close friends, again, changed when I got married and had kids. I say delete, if something comes up, just blame it on FB! I did that once! LOL a friend actually noticed I wasn't on her friends list any more and freaked! lmao.I told hr I deleted a bunch of others and she shouldn't have been on the list. oops! lol
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 1:42 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I deleted two younger women I was friends with because they really just talked in a way I do not enjoy. I am in my 30's and don't find it funny to call people names. They never disrespected me, but I read a lot of what they would write about their other friends and it was mean.
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 1:46 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I have a friend or 2 that I have stayed in touch with for over 25 yrs and you know what? they NEVER reply to my comments and it makes me wonder if they even go to Facebook until i see them replying to mutual friends...yes I do want to delete them but i feel guilty if I do.
    I have 200 friends and most of them are active and some I don't care if they are or not but those 2 friends it really bugs me that they say they are my friends but don't show it
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:00 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Key words are that she doesn't bother to acknowlege what you say. But ultimately it's up to you to keep her on as a friend or just ignore her.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 2:21 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I hide those ppl. I have a lot of SOs family n few friends n I hide em. Once in a while they'll leave a comment but I think because I no longer read their stupid status' I'm not as annoyed. I hate drama n don't care for their's.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 2:51 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I have a few people that we never really talk, don't comment back and forth. I've thought about deleting them, but...it's not that I feel guilty. Some of them are family and we have tons of mutual friends on there, who are also family, and if I delete them, someone will notice and it'll become a huge family deal. I don't want to create that kind of tension in my family, even if it is over something as stupid as FB, you know? I have found that I can hide people that it's like that with, and it becomes much less of an issue.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 9:40 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• My FB friends are people that i went to school with, and haven't seen most of them in 10 years. I could care less if they respond to me or not, because I'm mostly on cafemom. Plus someone always has some drama in their life and I really don't care. Now my true friends, we communicate face to face.
    yummysmummy

Answer by yummysmummy at 12:38 PM on Apr. 22, 2011