My little brother passed away because of chicken pox, has your child gotten the chicken pox vaccine yet?

my lil brother got that horrible disease when he was 1 yr old, and they dont give u that shot till you're 2.... I believe, so its very dangerous. There was another lil girl dying of chicken pox in that same hospital at the sametime.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Health

• Ummm usually it's pretty noneventful. The only way it would be dangerous is if it went into your lungs.
    Anonymous

• it went into his heart:(
    Anonymous

• and the other lil girl it went into her flesh and it was eatting her threw the inside.
    Anonymous

• They give the shot at 1 year...at least for the last 5 years it's been that way. People die from all sorts of things. Kids die from the flu all the time.

That's sad about your brother. I've never known anyone with severe complications from chicken pox.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:09 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• yeah my mom even came out on the local news about that.
    Anonymous

• here they give them at 1 too. they got theres at 15 months
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 11:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• mine has had all their shots pertaining to that. but they would have nothing to worry about. from what i hear if they get it i'd have to have no contact w them because i never had chicked pox and its much worse in adults. im very sorry for your loss though...
    jayceeluv

Answer by jayceeluv at 1:07 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Sorry for your loss, but most children don't even end up in the hospital. WAY more die of the flu, colds, household accidents, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:25 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• No, and I never will. I am very sorry for your loss though,
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 11:34 AM on Dec. 3, 2008