Little Cars

I can't help but to wonder about these little cars you see...the "Smart Car"...or those one-seater cars with two wheels in the front and one in the back. I admit that I do not know their safety statistics (assume they passed gov't standards), but I just keep thinking that if my car (mid-size SUV) hit one of those cars, I might come out with a scratch or two, but they would be in serious trouble.

If you drive one of those cars, was safety a concern when you bought it or were you only thinking about the environment and/or gas mileage?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 2:22 AM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Nope not driving one. I don't see how they could pass any kind of safety test. Picture it...test dummy commercials using a smart car.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:17 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I couldn't drive one of those cars. For one I am too tall (6') for two they just don't look safe. Saw my first Smart car when I was in Germany 6 years ago. I thought it was a joke or something till someone told me that it was real and people actually drive it around. No offense to those who do drive em. More power to ya. I am just more of a truck kinda girl.
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 2:29 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• having a 6ft4 hubby, 2 kids, etc I cannot imagine owning one. PERIOD.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:35 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I think they are so cute but I wouldn't drive one.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 9:23 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• yeah i wondered that myself..the first time i seen one i was like wtf is that,that thing dont stand a chance,
    amanda71205

Answer by amanda71205 at 12:41 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• google search...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 2:54 PM on Apr. 22, 2011