Dropped?

When does the baby typically drop? I am 25 almost 26 weeks, but about 3 weeks ago, I was measuring about 8 weeks ahead. And I noticed a huge change last night. Not to be too blunt about it, but during sex last night, I felt my son drop. Before I felt this, my stomach as all the way at my ribs, and now, My uterus is 2in above my naval. Any ideas?

JohnsonFamily5

Asked by JohnsonFamily5 at 2:29 AM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I didn't drop till about a week before I had my kids. I also don't really remember feeling her move down. I am pretty sure it is a gradual decent.

firepony

Answer by firepony at 2:32 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• The baby may have just spun around and the position feels different. If you are concerned call the nurse at your midwife/OB or bring it up at the next appointment. The lightening (baby dropping) doesn't tend to happen until 30+ weeks. At least that's what my book says.

GL!
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 5:08 PM on Apr. 22, 2011