Cradle Cap??

So I am assuming it is cradle cap because they have it since birth but how do YOU get rid of it?

ohgoshism

Asked by ohgoshism at 2:35 AM on Apr. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• My daughter had cradle cap and i used baby oil but you can use olive oil. I put it in her hair 1hour before her bath and take a comb and comb thru it , once she's in the bath i shampoo her hair with natural baby shampoo. Do this for about a week and it should be gone. I was told she got it cause her hair and scalp was dry, the oil should keep it moist.
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 10:28 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• A little bit of baby oil should help. If not I think walmart has some ointment for it.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 2:39 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Target carries a product from Disney's baby care line for cradle cap. it's a greenish bottle. It works awesome and smells really good.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 2:49 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• use vegetable or olive oil it works the same as baby oil but is all natural the hospital where I had my daughter said to use vegetable or olive oil b/c they are all natural and baby oil insnt. I used the vegetable oil for my daughter and it worked really good.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 7:39 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• when my babies were little i used to put the oil in ( baby, olive ,,, what ever your pref..) sort of massage in scalp allow to soak in for a few mins then take a baby comb and gently agitate the skin and comb thru lots of the skin will comb out then i would give them a bath and shampoo with plain old baby shampoo and comb thru again -- after this process before a couple of baths and it should clear up ... my first daughter had a head full of thick black hair when she was born and her cradle cap was terrible and this worked for me so give it a try
    jjpnelson

Answer by jjpnelson at 12:21 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• the reason babies get cradle cap is simply because baby shampoo isn't strong enough. all oil does is mat it down. it's dandruff and an adult dandruff shampoo gets rid of it. get some head and shoulders
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 8:12 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• my daughter had it and I took some baby oil and a comb and got it out and after than just kept her head oiled....she did just fine after that!!
    mrs.keen

Answer by mrs.keen at 12:00 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• My kids had it too. I'm not a fan of baby oil, but I know that's what most people use. I did too a few times. If I was to do it all over again. I would check at a health food store for something

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 12:04 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Head and shoulders is bad for your hair/scalp. It overly dries out your scalp and can cause hair loss.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 12:37 PM on Apr. 22, 2011