Has anyone ever lost 100 pounds on a diet?

I need to lose about that amount to be at a healthier weight . What worked for you and what didn't work for you?

istealcookies

Asked by istealcookies at 2:56 AM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Well i can't afford to lose 100 pounds. but it wouldn't hurt me to lose about 25. if you go on a low carb diet (40 carbs a day) you can lose about 10-12 pounds a month. I lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks with this without exercise. If you add exercise to y our weight loss, you will lose weight more slowly because you will be building muscle but you will be losing more body fat. For a low carb diet you might start your morning with a cheese and ham omelet. No salt. I hate eggs but I just had to bear it. You can drink both water and crystal light. For a snack, you could eat vienna sausages and for lunch you could eat turkey,cheese, light mayo, and mustard rolled up together. If you've eaten this for the day, you've had about 5 carbs so far. So at dinner you can eat a normal meal. If you are having something high in carbs like pasta or bread, try to eat a small portion. You can add a salad with it to fill you up.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 3:46 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I'm on my way to losing about 110 (60 lbs down as of today!), and I'm eating clean and running, primarily (also biking some and doing strength training). I like eaten clean, because I actually feel good, I'm never starving, and I don't feel limited by food choices. There's a group on here devoted to clean eating if you want to learn more. It's basically about eliminating processed foods, refined carbs and sugars, and saturated and trans fats, and then eating small frequent meals, paying attention to portion sizes.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:24 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I did walking my dog 2 miles every night...when I stopped walking due to a foot injury I gained it all back. Now I have lost 100 pounds permantly with a lap band, I still have more to go, but I am not having the problems I had doing it on my own. good luck!
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 3:13 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I lost 75 doing a lo-carb diet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:55 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I lost 77 doing the Curves diet and workout.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 1:34 PM on Apr. 22, 2011