What cities are great to live in?

I want to move out of Kansas so bad and I have been thinking about moving to Orlando, FL or Los Angeles, CA. Are there any cities you cafemoms know that are great for starting out fresh?

Diamond2010

Asked by Diamond2010 at 3:01 AM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I live 20 min from Pasadena n I wish I was closer. Everythings there n the community is great. Sure, there r pockets, but overall it's a great city!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 3:05 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• those cities are very expensive. try looking into suburbs. they are very nice. all i know are places in texas. since i'm a native of texas. i would say: Frisco, TX
    North Richland Hills, TX
    Salado, TX
    These are basically all suburbs of Dallas. Those would be my top picks just by experience in those areas. Very nice locations.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 3:10 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I second the Texas suggestions-- housing is cheaper and there are more jobs here than most places, including Florida. The Houston area is probably the cheapest big city to live in in the US.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 9:56 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I love my home town, Chattanooga, Tn. Large enough to have good restaurants, entertainment, and shopping, but small enough to be friendly.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 6:12 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Nashville is great.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:21 AM on Apr. 25, 2011