What's w all the gluten free labels??

I know some ppl (I think it's celiac disease) can't digest gluten n some claim it helps those w autism n ADHD, but I've seen a lot of gluten free labeling in ridiculous things. Cocoa pebbles??? What about all the freaking sugar that will set off my nephew w aspergers??

Vero0724

Asked by Vero0724 at 3:03 AM on Apr. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• gluten free is the latest diet fad...it will pass, just like the 0 trans fat phase a few years ago
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 3:27 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• People that are needing a qluten free diet benefit by these. If you are looking for sugar free it is a different thing and a different need or reason.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:09 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• That is like saying if you are allergic to milk don't eat strawberries. Crazy. apples to oranges not the same thing.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:10 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• DD has Aspergers. Sugar doesn't 'set her off', neither does gluten. Everyone on the autism spectrum is different. I agree with the other poster. You nephew might benefit from a gluten free/sugar free diet. There are many diabetics out there who need sugar free but gluten doesn't matter. Don't expect to find both together in the same product.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:22 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• The way they advertise gluten free u'd think it was a healthier option.
    Vero0724

Comment by Vero0724 (original poster) at 10:26 AM on Apr. 22, 2011