Families with stay-at-home dads and working moms....

Families with stay-at-home dads and working moms is nontraditional, but I know a few people that does this. What are your thoughts on it, cafemoms?

Diamond2010

Asked by Diamond2010 at 3:18 AM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Money & Work

• we he done it for 5 years now and will continue, it works for us
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 3:29 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Sounds good to me. Pssshhh, even if he does work, he still needs to have the house cleaned, the kids fed and my dinner on the table by time I get home :)
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 3:30 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Up till February when I lost my job due to laws being changed I was the one that worked and my hubby stayed home with the kids. It worked out good for us. He is a contractor, but there isn't many houses being built now days so his job is kinda down the toilet. He didn't like it much, that male ego thing, but there was no other way to go. My family on the other hand didn't like it. They think I shoulda stayed home and him go get a job. But we were happy.
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 3:31 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• It works in alot of families. I work full time out of the house and hubs is disabled so he is home full time. I would rather we could BOTH be home.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:47 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• It sounds good to me, and after I get my degree, that's what we plan on saying it.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 11:36 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I imagine there is quite a bit of that as women are holding on to their jobs and men are still losing ground.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:22 PM on Apr. 25, 2011