School issues.

Ok be patient this is going to take a min to explain.
On Christmas 2009 we lost are son due to SIDS. We had to deal with DFS/CPS because it happen at home and a case is always opened when a child passes at home. I could deal with that. 2 months later my ex-husband gave my daughter a black eye by hitting her in the head with his house shoe cause she wouldn't brush her teeth and stop playing. Well she turned her head just as he hit her and it resulted in a black eye. The school saw the black eye and asked her what happen. Well her father told her to lie and say she fell off her bike. She did of course but they eventually figured out what happen and put the girls in foster care. They called me hours after it happen and told me what happen and then told me I could't have my daughter (I have 2) because of my open case with the baby. As far as I understood it was a closed case. Well I found out ex had mentioned it to the officers when he was questioned so that the girls couldn't come home to me. It took me 2 months to get my girls home with me. Everything with that is over and done with.
A week ago my puppy scratched my daughter on her upper thigh. She told her teacher about it and the school called DFS/CPS on me. The officer showed up and decided that there wasn't a case.
My question is do you think I should go to the school and confront them or just let it go? My ex says we are most likely on their radar because of everything in the past.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 AM on Apr. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think it would be wise to change schools. It seems like the school believes she is abused. This is bad for your family, but it's also a good thing. Too many children are beaten to death because teachers and neighbors turn their heads. Accidents are going to happen, kids get bruised up. You need to put her in a school that is unaware of the previous situation. That way if she falls off her bike and gets scrapped up, the police aren't knocking on your door again.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 3:50 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• The problem is I have to have ex's permission to change schools and he won't do it. We share custody 50/50. Without taking him to court there is no way I can just change schools as much as I would like too.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:53 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• my mentally ill stepson was in a preschool program for disabled kids, his teacher KNEW he had trouble with reality and fantasy and she called CPS on us 4 times in one semester..he is homeschooled now. The third time a worker came to our house, she was pissed and said how much she hates wasting her time on calls like this when their are children actually being beaten and raped in our community. But they have to check out each call...so I would get her out of that school unless you want your every move stalked. Sorry for the loss of you son, this crap is the last thing you need
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 3:54 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Seeing as your ex is giving you trouble about changing schools then yes I believe you should confront them. I would do it gently & explain that you appreciate their concern but that in this case they have it wrong. This of course may be taken wrong by them too & they could see it all as a cover up. But at this point what does it hurt to try? CPS already knows that your not harming your children right? I think I read somewhere that after so many false alarms that CPS wont come out to investigate again, maybe call up CPS & ask them for some advice?
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 4:05 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• They are being extra careful because of what happened. They are really trying to protect your kids. They will see after a while when nothing happens that everything is OK. Just make sure nothing else happens.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:43 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• it is good that people are concerned and watching out for our children. Too many people just turn their heads.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:07 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Personally, I wouldn't confront the school. The whole situation blows, but I would just let it mellow. I know you don't want your child to have the stigma of "abused child" at school, but confronting the school will just make them think that there is more going on than you want them to know about.
    LoraGardiner

Answer by LoraGardiner at 10:55 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• just let it go.....dont confront the school just keep being a good mom and thats what they will see every time someone comes to your home....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 12:22 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• i would just let it go there just trying to protect your daughter
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 9:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2011