Foul smelling period...

Ok - I just started my period, and I have never had this problem before, ever, but it smells like something dead. I smell it every time I go to the bathroom or if I sit down just right, I can even smell it through my clothes. I want to die. It smells sort of like a dead mouse. I know that's gross but thats the only smell that I can compare it to for anyone to understand. I dont use tampons, so that's definately not the problem.

I was just wondering more or less if anyone else has ever had this problem and what their Gyno said.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Health

• a dead mouse?! lol, sorry that's just a crazy description. I'm not sure though, have you taken a shower and see if that doesn't change anything?
    Anonymous

• Usually a foul odor is a sign of infection. I would visit the ob or atleast give him a call and ask what could be the cause. Have you searched around webMD or another site? Im sure there is lots of info out there. Wish I could be of more help.
    Anonymous

• You might also want to consider douching before and after period, remember our period is cleaning out our uterus of the old blood that forms a wall to protect a potential baby , If any old clots stay in there they bound to smell. Just my opinion but try it and if it persists, then Gynocologist should help. In the meantime if you're not allergic try the deordorized pads and pantyliners.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:35 AM on Dec. 3, 2008