All prelabor symptoms stopped! does this mean a long road ahead?

ive been experiencing prelabor for over a week now. the first 3 days just contractions at night, and slight cramping during the day. then i had contractions all day that got closer together (around 5mins apart) and started getting quite intense. went to the hospital and was only dilated to a one and 50-70% effaced. eventually contractions spaced out more so they sent me home. still had contractions for two days straight, some painful some not. lost my mucous plug, and been feeling sick to my stomach quite a bit during the day. then today i woke up (contractions all day still and nausea) and went groccery shopping for like 3 hours so i did a lot of walking. had some pretty painful contractions quite a few hrs later. lasted maybe 3 hrs then everything stopped. no more labor symptoms at all! whats going on? i have a drs appt tomorrow so i guess ill find out more then but does this mean all of that was for nothing? i have to be induced next week so im hoping the real deal comes soon! im only 36 weeks but due to medical reasons they have to induce me at around 37 weeks.

xunlucxyx0

Asked by xunlucxyx0 at 6:25 AM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I don't know. Good luck!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:44 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• call or talk to you're de or midwife.
    kittycat813

Answer by kittycat813 at 6:52 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Your getting ready. Same thing happened with me. I was 3 cm dialated when i got to the hospital. Labor was very quick. My labor has alwis been fast, My first was 3 hours. The last was 2.
    hooper06

Answer by hooper06 at 7:54 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• i hope you get some good answers because i have been going through this same things for three or four days now! i keep thinking ok this is the time they are about to get close and really painful then they spread out or go away. i have had two kids and i know these are real contractions. i just got off preterm meds but that was monday
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 8:21 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Personally I want baby in there until wk 37 at least. I don't want another NICU baby. (I am 35 wks) And I know how frustrating having all those contractions and no actual labor is. The good thing is that the induction will not be as bad since you have already started on your own. It is only bad when they have to soften your cervix and all that. Be patient (which I also know is hard to do when you feel miserable) and pray for a healthy happy baby!!!

Good Luck and I hope everything goes as planned!!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 10:52 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• HEEEEEEE Your having a babyyyyyyyy!!!!!!
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 3:48 PM on Apr. 22, 2011