How would this make you feel?

You go out of your way and take things from your home and give them to someone to help them out(but really can't afford to do this even) and the person doesn't even have the respect to say thank you(not that you expect one; but it would be nice).

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 7:56 AM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• I always say thank you to people fo whatever they do for me. Thanks goes a long way. Bmat was a great point.
    yummysmummy

Answer by yummysmummy at 12:29 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Mother Teresa had a poem that said "in the end, it was between you and God, it wasn't between you and them." You know that you did a generous act, and God knows.

Answer by Bmat at 8:01 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• It would annoy me. But Bmat's answer was great.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:05 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• my friends daughter was having her 1st baby. They didn't have any money...i gave them bags of baby clothes, swing, bouncy seat, high chair...and you THINK her daughter would have said THANK YOU, sent a card or even called. Nada. I made sure not to give her anything again. If you can't say THANK YOU, then you don't deserve it. I didn't ask for anything, but common courtsey.

Bmat....I like that. Thanks for sharing!
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 8:40 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• you give from the heart. Sometimes its a sacrafice. Expect nothing in return. Its hard bing human to not expect at least a thank you.
    hooper06

Answer by hooper06 at 8:00 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• it would annoy me, just be glad you have a big heart.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 8:01 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• It has happened to me and I address it!! I don't put up with that! You WILL appreciate it, or you won't get NOTHING from me ever again!
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 8:50 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• my sil and bil helps us out all the time. I always make sure I tell them thank you. It does not matter what they are doing for us.
    TeresaM35

Answer by TeresaM35 at 10:38 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I wouldn't give it a second thought because anything that I do for someone comes from my heart and not from my pride!
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 4:57 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I don't nor ever have expected anything in return but when you take something from your family to help someone else out it is hard when they can't even say thank you
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 8:11 AM on Apr. 22, 2011