Hes so excited... Do you feel guilty taking your excited dog to the vet?

Our dog just gets so excited every time he sees us get his collar out. He sits sweetly beside us wagging his tail trying to contain excitement while we put it on...
Little does he know he is headed to the vet today to get shots..
And in 2weeks he will be headed back up there to stay to get neutered. (which is going to be hard on all of us, because I know its going to break his heart being locked up & away from us for a night.)

Do you feel guilty when your dog is excited when you know he is being taken somewhere he would not want to go if he knew?
lol. :(

MommaTasha1003

Asked by MommaTasha1003 at 8:27 AM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Pets

• Dogs are very forgiving. I don't feel guilty when I know it's for their health & safety, and the "good" trips always outweigh the "bad" ones.
    MusherMaggie

Answer by MusherMaggie at 8:35 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Awww, yes that probably would make me feel a little guilty, lol.
    Fortunately for me, I don't have to deal with it because my cats try to scratch my face off as soon as they see the travel carrier coming at them.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:28 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• No because 3 seconds after the shot, my dogs were always back to their normal happy selves.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:29 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• We have cats not dogs but I still feel guilty.. they are my 4 legged kids and I don't like having to take any of my kids to the doctor :-(
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:31 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• a little, but not too bad. its a lot easier when the vet is the one giving the shots and not you. I had to do that when my family was breeding dogs.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 8:46 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Don't feel guilty. It's in you dog's best interest. I was there with our cat this week and there was an excited dog. My kids loved seeing him. My one cat turns into a terror at the vet. He growls, hisses and tries to bite and scratch the vet. (This is the same cat that my 6-year-old twins treat like a rag doll.) I think I'd prefer to take an excited dog than my cat.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 8:48 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Yes! You should swing by McDonalds on the way home and order a plain cheeseburger for him, that will make him happy!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 9:37 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Awww we're doing the same thing today....it's not even time to go yet and I'm already feeling guitly cause he get's so excitied about going outside that he starts shaking! lol....poor thing has no idea he's getting shots today =(
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:42 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Oh man! It was planned I take him today .. But DH got up & said he would take him instead.. I am so glad he did! Dh came home & said
    1st the dog wined wanting to get to all the other dogs around him... Then when they went to get a stool sample Shadow peed all over the lady! So another lady came in to help clip his nails & he peed on her too! Then once they tried to give him his shot he was showing teeth! My poor guy! And those poor ladies! -- He is a lab/collie mix -- 40lbs.. His pee is no joke! lol
    MommaTasha1003

Comment by MommaTasha1003 (original poster) at 10:15 PM on Apr. 22, 2011