No extra money, but my dad's dog needs to go to the vet.

I'm pretty sure my dad's dog has a broken leg. And if I knew how to set it myself and everything, I would have done it by now. I don't have any extra money and neither do my parents. I need some ideas. Would an animal shelter be able to do something for free? Or at least for less?
I hate having to see him hobble around on three legs just because we can't afford to take him to the vet.

febmom007

Asked by febmom007 at 8:49 AM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Pets

• Take him to the vet ASAP. You can surrender him to the shelter and they will take care of it. Honestly if you can't afford the vet that is the best thing to do. You wouldn't walk around with a broken leg right? So don't make your dog do it. Thats just cruel. And NO do not attempt to do it yourself.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 8:57 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• There is a web site www.wishuponahero.com you can post a wish for the money or for a local vet to assist you. I am a user I have fulfilled wishes it is a wonderful site. My cousin's son needed his braces off his teeth they didn't have the money to have them taken off. They posted a wish and a local orthodontist took them off for them. They have fulfilled over 73,000 wishes.

Good Luck

christinato

Answer by christinato at 9:16 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Take him to the vet. Ask them if they can bill you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• The shelter won't do it for free but for a lot less, you need to take him.

Answer by older at 9:11 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• How long ago did the dog injure himself? Where ever u take the dog they will do an x-ray and they can tell if the injury is old or new. Can u borrow the money?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:39 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• it's a month old at the most. can't borrow the money..
    febmom007

Comment by febmom007 (original poster) at 5:55 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• When my dog broke his leg, the vet let us set up a payment plan to pay them for the surgery to repair it. It was $1,000 total.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 6:35 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Its a month old and you haven't taken the dog yet! OMG seriously do you not watch Animal Cops? That is abuse. Take the dog to the pound. He'll be much better off.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 10:18 PM on Apr. 22, 2011