Do you enjoy taking your toddler shopping?

toddler girlSometime I don't mind taking my daughter shopping. But other time I don't like having her with me going shopping with. How do you feel about shopping with your toddler?

TeresaM35

Asked by TeresaM35 at 8:53 AM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• As long as we're on the move, he's fine to take, but if we stop he thinks he has to act crazy..
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 8:55 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• ive gotten so used to take all 3 of my daughters shopping with me that its become the norm. they're well behaved in the store and like helping me pick things out. i do enjoy the few and far between times though that i get to go alone. however, clothes shopping for myself or any kind of shopping for me i prefer to do by myself :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:56 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I love it because of how excited she gets over small things. stick some grapes in the basket she "yays" and claps, put a pack of crackers in and she will do a little dance, grab something else she loves and she will kiss me. I enjoy it even when we aren't shopping for things for her just because she will "Wow" and "Ooo" at things that I just don't notice unless she is there with me.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:57 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I much rather go by myself because dd does not really enjoy shopping and can sometimes be a big pain. I put a bunch a childrens apps on my iphone for her to play with so when I do go shopping, and she has to come, she's not bored.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 9:01 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• My son does not allow me to shop. He is cranky and making a fuss the whole time so I try to venture out with my 7 yr old who enjoys the shopping experience and leave the boys home with Dad.
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 9:03 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• It depends. We're often stopping at the store on the way home from work/daycare and DD is often tired and cranky. If DH is with me and he can help entertain her, great! Otherwise, I'd rather leave DD in the car with DH (with keys to turn the air/heat on!) and run in myself. On the weekends when we're all rested, its less of a strain and can be kinda fun!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 10:08 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• If we are shopping for the kids, I love walking them around for a while, showing them things, and I don't even mind a bit of discipline ("don't touch this or we're done shopping" or "we're shopping for your friend, NOT for you- what does SHE like?" It's a good way for me to spend time with them, have something to do that forces us to interact in a positive way.

However, it has to be certain shopping. We can get groceries with very few problems, but we can't go on a diet and read labels. And we can't shop for clothes for me and try on more than one thing. It's just not worth it.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 10:10 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• my toddler which is a girl lovess to shop as much as i do lol
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 6:45 PM on Apr. 24, 2011