How long does it take to get 62 credits?

Thinking Its time for me to go back to school to get an associate in Elementary Education, and it's 62 credits. How long does that take?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in About CafeMom

• most classes are. 3 or 4 credits each. about, 15-20 classes so 4 or 5 semesters
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 11:18 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• It depends on the classes like the first poster said and how many you take at one time. If you go full time then of course you will finish sooner. An associates degree is considered a two year degree...meaning...four semesters consisting of Fall, Spring, Fall, Spring.

I wish you the very best. NOW is always a good time to start back to school. :O)

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:37 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• If you go full time, about 4 semesters, or 2 years.
    sandra1023

Answer by sandra1023 at 1:12 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• That depends on how many classes you are taking each semester. Usua;;y a college class is either 3 or 4 credits each. Those with 4 almost always have a lab requirement attached, thus the extra hour added to the course.

I went back to school part time when my children were old enough to attend school. I matriculated and to graduate, I needed to complete 30 semester hours. Which is usually one year, or 2 semesters taking 15 semester hours each semester. It took me FOUR years to complete my Senior year in college.
    PreciousRosebud

Answer by PreciousRosebud at 9:05 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Oh, and 15 semester hours is more than the usual load per semester. 12 semester hours is considered to be going full time. The hours are computated this way.. a semester hour is how much time is expected for you to have to STUDY each week to pass or do well in the course taken. So a 3 hour semester class would require you to attend the class 3 times a week PLUS study 3 hours for the course over and above the class time every week.

That is the reason why it took me 4 years to finish 30 semester hours. I was also a full time mother and I still had to be the one to run the household while my army husband did his thing with the military.
    PreciousRosebud

Answer by PreciousRosebud at 9:23 AM on Dec. 3, 2008