I don't know why, but I'm depressed now that I found out he's having another baby with his GF.

We have 2 kids together already, 2 & 1, and he doesn't even take care of them, he's seen them 2 times in the past 3 months. So now that I find out he's having a baby with his GF, i'm really depressed, that takes away even more from my kids. He's going to be a father to it.........my kids are in the dust now. I feel like jumping off the deep end....i didn't think i'd be depressed, but i am.....i feel like hiding in a hole and crying my eyes out til i cant breathe anymore.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• So sorry you're having a rough time hun. Maybe it is better for you kids to have consistency period, even if it's dad consistently not being there rather than every few months? Do you think you feel this way b/c your feelings for him or for your kids relationship with him?
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 9:15 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• So sorry to hear. Remember the happy part about your life is your kids. They need you. They love you no matter what. Let him be a dead beat dad. Like i tell my other friends that have gone through this same problem. You will find a guy that will treat you like a goddess and your kids like prince and princess. You have to stay strong. One day, he will realize how much he missed out and regret it.
    CherBear2529

Answer by CherBear2529 at 9:18 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Sounds like he's a pretty shitty dad anyway and that you guys will probably be better off without him. Take some time to be upset but then you have to move on. All you can do is make the best of the situation that you're in.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:18 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Both, we just stopped talking in November and a couple weeks ago started talking again, he came over last week and stuff got heated.....we ended up.....you know. feelings started to come back, which i know i shouldnt have done what i did but i do still love him. but its also part of his relationship with my kids which is non existent.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:18 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Do you have contact with his GF...do you guys talk? She might can help. I'm sure she would want her child to have a relationship with their siblings.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:21 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• We don't get along...AT ALL!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:23 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I am sorry to hear about your ex. I know it is easier said then done but don't worry to much about it. Make sure your children know they are everything to you and that you love them no matter what. Hopeful your children will be able to get to know there new sister or brother. Good luck
    TeresaM35

Answer by TeresaM35 at 9:26 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Well i can honestly say that i have been in this situation before and all you have to do is talk to a close friend or trusted relative about it and let them knowwhat is going on so they can give you some advice as well as we are.. I felt depressed when i found out he was fixing to have baby with another girl but i talked to a trusted friend and he gave me advice and now me and my baby's father don't even talk i am raising my son on my own while my baby's daddy is in prison for burgulary and he told me when he gets out he is not going to help raise our son so i said ok. So now i am going to get child support from him and tell him not to worry about my children and i am going to move on in my life and take care of my three month old baby boy... But maybe this can help you as it did for me and a few of my friends that had this problem..:)
    Ashley858

Answer by Ashley858 at 9:26 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• just put all of your focus on your kiddos & start saying no to him. i know u still love him but all he is gonna do is run back&forth btwn the two of u(speaking from experience)
    nicie3

Answer by nicie3 at 9:27 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• honey i know exactly how you feel! my ex hasn't been a father to our almost 5 year old since i was pregnant with her. she doesn't even know who he is and considers my husband daddy. anyway last year he got married and had a kid. now they are pregnant with their #2. i dont want to care or want to be upset, but my anger is really for our daughter. why are his kids with her good enough to love but ours wasn't?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:44 AM on Apr. 22, 2011