A different perspective/devils adovcate

I agree and disagree with the policies that President Obama has made...Sure, I wish one HUMAN could come along and change everything to make it smell like roses and lilacs    If everyone who is complaining is so smart and has all the answers: Why are they not running against him.... No matter who is in office (regardless of political party) at a time when the economy is in a downward spin is going to take a lot of heat.... Hell. I think it takes guts to even put yourself in that position....  I know by writing this I am sure to get a bunch of bashing, ...  

BUT... from another perspective.......

.. Here is a good question for the many Obama critics.....,

How many of you returned your second $500.00+ stimulus check you received from the government to help boost the economy with a letter stating thanks for the offer but, I don't need this money or better yet donated it to a food bank ? (or) declined your $400.00 tax credit for working the past few years,( or) took advantage of the $8000.00 tax credit to by your first home( or) the tax credits given to homeowners to upgrade their homes for  pennies on the dollar & put contractors to work ... How many of you that are over 18 took advantage of the new health care bill and are on your parents insurance still because you can't afford to purchase quality insurance. As a  parents breathed a sigh of relief at the fact that if an unexpected medical  issue happened to their child as a young adult could have caused them finacial  ruin even before they even got their feet on the ground.

And to all of you who answer "Because, I earned it"... tell  one thing "Why"

TraceyLu

Asked by TraceyLu at 9:12 AM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• How about how many didn't get a check or the credit but have to pay for it? I didn't get a check and neither did my husband. We already own our home. We didn't do 'cash for clunkers' or buy an appliance. We have to pay the bill for it though.

No, the most sobering thing of all, is that top 0.1% of the population has all the money and control over the governing bodies, legislation and private sector jobs. They have the 99.99% fighting amongst each other as witnessed here in the "who got what VS who paid for what" debate. The 0.1% are not affected (see above) and apparently 47% of the population has little skin in the game (get credits, incentives, pay no taxes or get a refund greater than what they ever put it) and that leaves the remainder PO'D. Something has to give-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:36 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I never wanted the stimulus checks that we received (Bush's either). We put them in our children's accounts because ultimately THEY will be the one's that pay for this monstrous spending addiction our government has. I didn't take advantage of the other tax rebates or credits and some of them had to be paid back by those that utilized them, FYI. Our government has a habit of stepping over dollars to pick up dimes, nothing they do makes fiscal sense.

Now, as for Obama, it's not as if he was taken from his home, a gun held to his head and made to run for President.  It's a job he WANTED and fought for for two years before being elected.  My opinion about him is based purely on policy and his history of lack of leadership.  He's probably a real nice guy, just not someone I think is capable of running a country.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:23 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• "We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." -Winston Churchill
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:30 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I would not return a stimulus check because that is MY money that I earned and I reserve the right to spend it as I see fit. I pay plenty of taxes already, as I am NOT in the 47% of Americans who are not putting money into the kitty. My money would be better spent back into retailers or service companies instead of back into the hands of the already grossly bloated government.

The government does NOT need more money; it needs to stop spending.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:24 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Actually, every so called stimulus check we have received has gone into our savings account. I would have gladly had the Gov pay on the debt instead of turning it into debt. What I want to know is why the checks should be considered such a good thing when all the Libs did was gripe about it when Bush did it?
    We have insurance that already allowed our kids to be the policy till they are 25 so that didn't help us but we did get a nice big raise in policy cost out of it. Yeah! We couldn't even refinance our home under Obamas plan because of one of the restrictions that said you couldn't if you had ever had a home equity loan. We had and had even paid it off but no go, we had to pay thousands to refi.
    We did get a $283 dollar credit off of our 15,000 +tax bill for putting in a stupid solatube (that I hate). Lost jobs, debt, debt and more debt is what Obama has given the U.S.
    Oh Thank you Obama, Thank you :P
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:55 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Let me think...

Um, we didn't get any stimulus checks, so I can't tell you why I didn't pass them on to someone else.

We didn't get any tax credit for working. I suppose because that is something we manage to do without gov't incentive.

We didn't get the first time homebuyer's tax credit because we weren't first time homebuyers, nor did we qualify for any credits for upgrades because the house we bought was in good condition and needed no upgrades.

Our children are still children, so even the health care bill does us more harm than good.

Sorry. I can't help you with this. I can't think of one financial thing he's done that has actually benefitted my family in any way.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 10:09 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• To address your other questions:

or better yet donated it to a food bank ? I already do, I don't need government help to buy food and donate to food banks. 

declined your $400.00 tax credit for working the past few years,  We weren't eligible, we actually pay taxes unlike nearly half of our population.

took advantage of the $8000.00 tax credit to by your first home I wasn't eligible - I'm not a first home buyer.

the tax credits given to homeowners to upgrade their homes for  pennies on the dollar & put contractors to work ... if I am going to benefit from equity that I am gaining, why should the government be paying for it?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:44 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I also did not qualify for the 400 dollar giveaway.

My home is paid for.

I have no use for the tax credits to upgrade my home. It is already upgraded without the gov help.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:56 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• How many of you returned your second $500.00+ stimulus check you received from the government....

How about how many didn't get a check or the credit but have to pay for it? I didn't get a check and neither did my husband. We already own our home. We didn't do 'cash for clunkers' or buy an appliance. We have to pay the bill for it though. 

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:10 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I don't recall receiving any of those.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:38 AM on Apr. 22, 2011