Happy Earth Day!

Do you have anything fun and exciting planned for today?

Eek_a_Geek

Asked by Eek_a_Geek at 9:29 AM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Holidays

• To you too!!

I am going to tend to my garden, and plant some more seeds :) The peas are already producing, as are the squash. It is truly beautiful!

(on a side note, thanks for reminding everyone that it is Earth Day... not just "turn a jew into a zombie" day)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:33 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Yeah we do! Its my daughters 2nd birthday, We are going to chuck e cheese with some friends and i am baking her a cake in a lil bit. We also are going out to buy her cherry tree to plant in the back yard. All of my kids get to plant a new tree this year. My boys each picked out theirs already my oldest wants a nectarine tree & my youngest wants a pear tree. Im excited for today!
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 10:07 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Lowes is giving away free trees for Earth day. We are going to get our free tree.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:45 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• the free trees are tomorrow on the 23rd!! Just so ya know and dont go today lol. Were gong tomorrow to get one to!
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 10:59 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Gotta pack up my stuff today I'm moving this weekend
    nightngale83

Answer by nightngale83 at 10:48 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• So far my ideas include:

Just for fun... making "Earth" waffles (adding a little food coloring to the batter - I hope it works).

Then we're going to go to the garden center and pick out a new tree and some plants for our yard.

Right now it's raining, so if we're not able to actually get outside and plant, I'm going to let the kids spend the afternoon making seed balls to give to friends: http://www.wildflower.org/clearinghouse/articles/seedballs.pdf

If the rain lets up, besides doing our own plantings, we may also go visit a botanical garden that is supposed to have a big orchid display right now (my 4 year old son grows the most beautiful orchids in his room, so I'm sure he'll love that).
    Eek_a_Geek

Comment by Eek_a_Geek (original poster) at 9:55 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• vbruno - Thanks for that info! We'll definitely add a stop at Lowes to our list.
    Eek_a_Geek

Comment by Eek_a_Geek (original poster) at 10:52 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• happy earthdayIt was too nasty today for me. I stayed in.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 4:28 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Happy Earth Day! I am just chillin at home.
    ripburn

Answer by ripburn at 4:46 PM on Apr. 22, 2011