What would you think....would you not pay her for the day?

If you noticed your babysitter was posting on facebook at the same time she was suppose to be watching your child ?

My husbands cousin watches my 3 year old son while I work .... Last night I singed on facebook and seen she had made a post at 11am yesterday .... well my son would have been there then ... and I also seen where she was on around 2 talking to someone about her daughters tball game...

I am not paying her to be on facebook !!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Are you kidding me!?

It takes 30 seconds to post something from your phone. JESUS!!! You're telling me that you do not do ANYTHING at all while you have your child with you? Never talk to anyone, check email, etc???

I hope she decided NEVER to babysit for you again- not paying her for her services is STEALING!!! Way to set an example for your kid!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:49 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• How is that any different than watching tv with the kids? If the kids were doing an activity, i wouldn't be upset by her on FB.

I am sure that you don't spend every second with your kid when you are with them? i know I don't. right now, they are coloring so I get some time for me. I choose CM as my site of choice.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:49 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• you're overreacting IMO. im on cafemom right now and my kids are upstairs playing, so what? if you don't like it, just hire a new babysitter.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:49 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• B y the way, where is your kid right now with you on cafemom?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:50 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Can I point out that YOU are on the computer right now. Where are the kids?
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:51 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I am actually sitting here watching two granddaughters and I am on the computer. They are watching TV until 9:30, then we will leave to go to the indoor play area. Literally, we are in the same room together.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:53 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• holy cow..you can't be serious can you????? where are your kids as you posted this??

dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:54 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• my child is with his father right now .... and no i dont get online when im taking care of my child or at work !
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:54 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Well I had a live in nanny and she was allowed to watch TV, go online, talk on the phone and all of that while watching my kids. She could do anything I did too. Of course if she was spending all day doing it, and not watching the kids thatd be different. So no, I wouldnt not pay her. I think thats wrong.

Answer by gemgem at 9:54 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Have you told her the computer was off limits while she is watching your child? I think you should discuss with her that you do not want her to do it anymore and instead she should be spending her time playing with your child. I have 3 year olds and I know they play with themselves so I myself am i here and facebook while they are playing. I dont see why she should not be paid unless you already told her you had strict rules.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 9:54 AM on Apr. 22, 2011