I'm so hurt....

So my brother just came back from PA, it;s been 3 months and I was so excited to see him. I even talked to my dad the other day ( he is moving back in with him) about me getting him at the bus station. I cleaned my house for 4hours last night but because I work nights I'm used to staying up late and I set my alarm for 6am (I went to bed at 4am) then I call him and he says our dad is picking him up. He was supposed to come here and my dad was going to pick him up at noon. I am so hurt. Should I say something to him?

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 10:23 AM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• Men don't always pick up on the "importance" of something. I could see my dad and brother doing the same thing and having no clue abouts its effect on me. Just roll with it and enjoy the clean house!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 12:00 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• It's not as if he said, "I hate you and never want to see you again."

Let it go. This may be the first time something like this has happened to you... I guarantee it won't be the last! You got the benefit of a clean house. Take the good.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:18 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• No, just hug his neck and tell him how much you love him.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:25 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• And ruin his home coming. No, I would just let it go and be happy to see him. I bet your house is sparklin'.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:26 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• i think it depends on what happens after he gets there. Leave it alone til later if he keeps doing things to disappoint you then bring it up.
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 10:29 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Is saying anything to him actually going to change things? Will it make the situation any better? Your house is clean, that's great....enjoy seeing him and let it go, there is not point in fighting about it, and mark it up to your spring cleaning being done.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 10:32 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Tell him that you rearranged your schedule, and was expecting him and if he changed plans he could have told you and that it's was ok, for you to see him later
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 10:34 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Don't spoil his homecoming. Make it so pleasant that he wants to spend ALL of the rest of the trip with you.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 10:38 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I'm just hurt because I didn't go to work last night and did so much. :(
    June_Mama09

Comment by June_Mama09 (original poster) at 10:39 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Sorry that you missed work and your brother didn't show. Men are clueless most of the time. I bet when you do see him( hug and kiss him) and let him know (nicely) that you were really looking forward to spending that time with him. I bet he will apologize. He may have forgot. I bet your house looks amazing.
    yummysmummy

Answer by yummysmummy at 12:17 PM on Apr. 22, 2011