What can I expect at a pre-op appointment?

I am having outpatient surgery on Monday. Today is my pre-op appointment. I have never had a pre-op appt. What can I expect? It is for an endometrial ablation. Thanks!

Autumn07

Asked by Autumn07 at 10:31 AM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Health

• I have had surgery twice and both times they met with me, checked to see what scripts I was taking, took my weight, blood pressure, I had an EKG, and just things like that.

Answer by gemgem at 10:36 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• They will check your vitals to make sure everything is normal. They will either take blood at the office or give you an order to get your blood work done. If they need any kind of test done they will give you an order for that. They will go over everything from what will happen hen you get to the hosp. how long your surgery is going to be, they will ask if you have any other ?s and make sure your completely clear on what is going to be done.
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 10:39 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I haven't had anything like that done but I've had a pre-op appointment before. They took my blood and gave me information on how to prepare physically (no food, etc.), directions on what to do upon arrival and when I needed to be at the hospital. If they need to take xrays or do an ultrasound, that would probably be done then as well.

Best of luck!
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 10:35 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Its just a quick check in with the doc to go over all the details of the operation, and to make sure that you're in proper condition to proceed! Nothing major. Good luck with your surgery! Hope that it brings you some relief!
    AustinsMommyMI

Answer by AustinsMommyMI at 4:01 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Thank you ladies. :)
    Autumn07

Comment by Autumn07 (original poster) at 10:36 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I ended up getting an ekg and blood drawn. That was due to chest pain and that was due to anemia. 2 days till surgery.. thanks for comments. :)
    Autumn07

Comment by Autumn07 (original poster) at 7:43 AM on Apr. 23, 2011