I know all about breast feeding and baby bottles, if anyone have any questions you can ask me. adult content

After 2 years of research about breast & baby relationship, I'm dedicating an hour of my time to help other moms make the right choice by answering their questions. I'll answer within 2 hours or I'll be online everyday from 10 to 11EST.
Ask away...

BestBabyBottle

Asked by BestBabyBottle at 10:41 AM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• once I stop BFing, how long should it take for my milk supply to deplete?
    mommy2mason529

Answer by mommy2mason529 at 10:46 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Are you a nurse? LC? What resources have you researched?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Hi,
    What triggers breast to produce milk is the feeding, the less you feed, the less milk you make and vice versa.
    It won't stop abruptly, the best way to do it is wean your baby off. You can start introducing bottles if you haven't already. Try to BF in longer intervals, for example if you feed your baby every 4 hours do it every 6 hours for a week, then every 8 hours, etc. Use bottles or zippy cups to feed when he/she needs. If you pump, also do it in longer intervals.
    You also have to help your breasts to stop. Some recommend to wear something tight around your chest. Hope that helps.
    BestBabyBottle

Comment by BestBabyBottle (original poster) at 11:02 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• @ anonymous, I'm not a nurse of breast feeding consultant. In fact, I'm a professional designer working in the industry and a full-time mom of 2 (BF'd them both). I design baby gear, one of my challenges was to design a baby bottle that covers what others don't, hence the intensive research. I'm happy to help anyone who needs it and If I don't know the answer, I'll estate so.
    BestBabyBottle

Comment by BestBabyBottle (original poster) at 11:08 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I bottle fed both my boys. I wanted to breat feed the second but chickened out. I am desperate to breastfeed this new one on its way. I am scared though. I hear horror stories about pain and leaking. I am a on the go mom and dont want to have to stop being that way. My dr wants me to breastfeed also and I know it is the smart thing. PLease give me some advice or comfort or anything to help me stay strong.
    alligurl186

Answer by alligurl186 at 1:00 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Hi alligurl,
    Breast feeding is the best for your baby, I'm sure you know that. BF doesn't have to be painful at all, moms have horror stories but that's because their babies are not latching correctly. I BF'd 2 of my babies and I don't think I ever mastered the art of BF but I learned that by training the baby the proper latching technique moms will not experience pain at all. I'm am working on designing a devise that will do this actually... anyway, take a breast feeding class at the hospital you will deliver with a lactation consultant, they'll guide you thru the process and physically help you BFing your baby. When is he/she due? Also, not all moms leak - I never did. But if you do, there are pads you can buy. Breast feeding will not slow you down (where did you hear that?). A fact: women who go thru the natural cycle of child birth and breast feeding have less chances to develop breast cancer.
    BestBabyBottle

Comment by BestBabyBottle (original poster) at 1:13 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Whats the best bottle for a breastfed baby?
    Love1988

Answer by Love1988 at 3:19 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I have to say that at this point you need to try , you're baby will pretty much let you know if he/she "likes" it. I can't recommend a specific brand because I never found the one that took care of all my baby issues. If your baby is no longer a newborn he/she will have less of a problem ingesting air, but more of the nipple confusion, it's why you have to test with several kinds. See something that's coming to stores at the end of the year http://bittylab.com
    BestBabyBottle

Comment by BestBabyBottle (original poster) at 8:59 PM on May. 6, 2011