why wont he ask the "big question?"

weve been together for awhile now and living together and say i love you and all that i hint to it that i want it but... still nothen =*(
its not like im the only one bringing it up he does to! about being together forever. *wtf!*

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Relationships

• some ppl feel like if its not broken y fix it...meaning yall love each other and might be together forever so y rush into marriage. a lot of ppl dont get married all it is to them is a piece of paper. And it is. As long as yall are happy is the issue. i am sure in time it will happen just dont push it it can make it worst.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 11:35 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• GUYS DON'T TAKE HINTS!!!! FIGURE ANOTHER TATIC OUT.......
    Anonymous

• Act indifferent like it doesn't matter if you EVER get married! Men all want control, it has to be their idea, why do you think they can't stop and ask for directions! Please you can out smart him. Stop acting like marriage is your goal, just live together, enjoy his company and if you get tired of that then, put him a note on the fridge telling him it was fun playing house but since you are ready for the real thing holler at ya when he puts his big boy britches and can see what a wonderful woman he had! Why buy the cow when he gets the milk free??
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 11:51 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I don't know!!! lol! If I knew the answer I would probably be married. I've been with the same man for years and years and we have kids and do everything married couples do and I even go "ring shopping" ever six months and leave him business cards with the ring numbers on the back and picture to accompany them. My ring finger is still bare. Boo!

In the grand scheme of things though, I don't think it really effects our relationship to not be married. I know with a sound heart and head that he isn't wanting to be single or out chasing other women and we are happy with what we have.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:45 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• He might not be ready for the commitment. I went through the same thing with one my ex's and we were together 5 years. He just never asked so I moved out and he kept telling me that he "missed me" but no more than that. I moved on. Eventually I just did not want to live waiting so I lost interest.

Avon_Calling

Answer by Avon_Calling at 1:53 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• At this point, can you just be blunt about it or are you afraid to ruin the element of surprise? Maybe he is planning on surprising you for x-mas...or mabe Valentine's Day? Or maybe he's just not quite ready? If he talks about it with you but hasn't asked, maybe he's not sure when it IS appropriate to ask, which is why you should just talk to him rather than keep this festering inside you.
    Raegy

Answer by Raegy at 2:18 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• my husband also told me this:men dont get hints.ever.you want something,you tell him you do.hell i asked my husband if he will ever marry me,it took all my pride to do it,but i didnt want any misunderstandings,my brother told my mom that he will be with his girlfriend forever,without marriage,they will live in the same house[they do already]raise their child and he will take care of them always,but he doesnt believe in marriage,problem is,she does.bit she tells me,not him,see how this will end?misunderstandings,not good.ask him.go on.the worst he can say is no.
    2ndtimemom605

Answer by 2ndtimemom605 at 4:56 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• You can be happily together forever without being married.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:39 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• If you want to get married, then tell him so. Don't play games. If he can't commit, find out why. If you are willing to live with it, then do so. If not, then you need to find something that you can live with and that might be you leaving. However, just be honest with him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• When you figure this out let me know...7 yrs and two kids here!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:56 AM on Dec. 3, 2008