I need some suggestions

We live in a manufactured home park,lot space is separate from our mortgage. Last night we got a 5 day notice to vacate because were 3 months behind on our lot space, we need to come up with $850. We sent them $300 for march lot space rent,but they sent it back,which is really stupid on their part cause it's their money and we owe it to them. We have only 1200 coming and $1000 of that HAS to go to our mortgage. Now I'm wondering what were gonna do. My mom and sister live together and are on housing so we can't go their. My two brothers were, living together but one is in jail for six months,and they are being forced to move cause the landlord is vacating her old house due to property that needs extensive repairs. We don't have any cars we can sell or title loan on. I'm trying to make payments on a car so I can get to work. We don't have anything of value in our home to sell. I've been working a job two days a week and make $400 a month,but $340 of that goes to my car payment. My other job I've been working when she calls and has me work sometimes it's all week,other times I get nothing. My husband on the other hand, is an electrical contractor and he has work coming up. The problem is he has been sitting around doing nothing at all and it's now really killing us. I've begged him to go work a temporary job to keep money coming in, he hasn't done that. I'm not sure why he wants to let things get so bad. I'm at least trying. Its easter coming up sunday and the 4 kids I have won't be having easter at all. Not only that we will have to leave our stuff here at our home cause we would have nowhere to put it. We are really screwed. Unless you think of something I haven't. I would ask my church but I don't think they will help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Home & Garden

• ASK YOUR CHURCH. And frankly if they turn you away that doesn't say much for them.

Call 211... that will connect you to social services in your area. You may need to sell the car; it's not worth keeping if it takes all of your wage. And your husband needs a kick in the butt.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:13 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Honestly, I would try to talk to them and see if something could be worked out. Have you applied for gov't assistance? Also, is your mortgage with the same people as your lot rental fees? Because if not, as important as it is to pay your mortgage, would it be possible to pay up your back rent on the lot (all 3 months) and be 1 mortgage payment behind? Now, this will only possibly work, and only if you know for SURE that your dh has work coming up soon, not just he probably or should have work coming up soon. (And if he doesn't have it for sure, I would be more insistent that he get a job - any job, so that you don't end up homeless.)

Something else to consider - is there some way that the brother who has to move (not the one in jail) could move in with you while he looks for another place, that way, he could help you with the lot rent and he would have a place, too...

Good luck, I hope things work out for you!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:13 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I'm sorry you are going through this tough situation. I think it is hard on you and your kids. Why isnt your husband helping Im curious? I think your best bet would be the church as they are there to help out. Put everything in God's hands he works in mysterious ways. Where do you live?
    selaranda

Answer by selaranda at 11:15 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Id be looking to see what the park will do with your home if they evict you. See if you can get the home moved to a relatives property or friends. Try talking to the park owners and see if you can work something out. It never hurts to ask. Your paying on the home so you really dont want the park to lock your home up on you. and you really dont want them moving it on you to god knows where. They will also have to get a judges order to move your home on you, so make sure everything is legal on the park's side.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:19 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I'm pretty sure (although i don't know what state you live in) that they have to take you to court to get you to move, if they refunded you the 300, it sounds like they are ready to do that....You have 4 kids are live on limited income, go to your local job and family services department and see if they have a PRC program or something like it, they help get you caught up, you have to pay it back by working for them or giving them so much money a month, but from the sounds of it this is your only option. I would be looking for another place to live without the hubby, he doesn't sound like he's doing to much to help your situation.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 11:24 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• It would cost 10,000 to move this, our home,I wish that was an option. I have an appointment with my bishop,but, thiers a chance theirs not enough funds to help us out. Most people in this area are struggling just to keep their mortgages paid. I forgot to mention we've already defaulted on our mortgage so if we dont pay them $1000 then we will lose our home. My husband has the money for the mortgage we have no choice,we have to pay it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:26 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• The 5-day eviction is not valid. There is a legal process that is involved before evicting someone. Check with an attorney or with housing authority in your area.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:26 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• eviction has to last atleast 30 days
    Anastacia1988

Answer by Anastacia1988 at 11:55 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Okay I didn't know what the laws in Utah were so I'm hoping we have more time. I thought 5 days was extremely drastic.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:13 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• In Maryland I think it's a 30 day notice. You should go to churches, Emergency social services and see if you Can get some help.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 5:03 PM on Apr. 22, 2011