Poop....

my baby (3 m) has gerd and acid reflux and is colic... well saying that she is on gas formula with ceral mixed into it- would her poop come out thicker? this morning it was like pasty dark greenish poop... im only adding 2 table spoons to 4 oz of formula. has anyone else had this? her tummy isnt hard or tight and she isnt fussing at all very happy and not throwing or spitting up.... very happy and smiling : )

pinkdena

Asked by pinkdena at 11:17 AM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My experience is yes it does get thicker and smellier when introducing food. Poor baby girl, glad to hear the cereal is workign:)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 11:50 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Not really sure. How long has the baby been eating cereal in the bottle. You may have to try giving the baby the milk without the cereal. With all the problems that my daughter had as a baby, the doctor recommended that i wait until 5 or 6 months for the cereal. But since she is a happy baby, she seems to be fine. If her stool turns black or you see blood in it, take her to the doctor otherwise, I think you are doing a good job. Best Wishes to you and your daughter.
    yummysmummy

Answer by yummysmummy at 11:25 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• it will be a little thicker and if the baby isnt run a fever or cry you are doing a good thing
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 11:29 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Its normal! I had the same problem with my lil girl when she was a baby nothing to worry about just keep doing what you are!!
    mrs.keen

Answer by mrs.keen at 11:57 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• adding the cereal is the only way she keeps down food otherwise she has perjectile vomit. she is 3 month and still in nb clothes... : (
    pinkdena

Comment by pinkdena (original poster) at 11:28 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• thanks ladies... soon after posting this she went poop again and it was back to normal of her darkish green seedy poop lol (who would had thought that i be talking about poop) the doctors told me that it would get darker- just worried me with the consistory of earlier morning poop... she seems to not be having any issues or fussiness so i know that she is feeling better. THANKS AGAIN! : )
    pinkdena

Comment by pinkdena (original poster) at 12:55 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Its normal. You never know what color or consistancy it will be. My son's was blue green the other day. I put both my sons on cereal with milk at 3 or 4 wks and this happened with both of them. As long as baby is happy and most importantly able to finally keep food down I think you are doing great.
    alligurl186

Answer by alligurl186 at 12:56 PM on Apr. 22, 2011