How do you feel about prisoners that commit a high crime like murder, bank robbering, and other fight our war?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm confused. Are you trying to say / ask that those that are in the military are criminals, or are you trying to ask about the people who are in the military who commit crimes while they are serving in uniform, or are you trying to say that we should make criminals enlist in the military?

Or are you asking none of the above? :-)

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:44 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I think it is better than wasting tax money with them sitting in prison. Not including all the privalages they have while they are there.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 11:45 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• blank stare

TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:45 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• If you're asking if they should be forced to serve in the military - my answer is NO, NO, and NO! I am a Vet. My dh is Active Duty (he's been serving over 20 yrs now), and my ds has recently enlisted (leaves for basic in the fall). I know what I'm talking about here. The military is a lot more challenging - mentally and physically - than many people think. We do NOT need to have the scum of society forced onto us, just so that society doesn't have to deal with it. I do NOT want someone I love having to have, literally, their lives in the hands of someone like that.

Frankly, I'm appalled that anyone thinks so poorly of our military that they think they deserve to have to depend on rapists, murderers, etc to stay alive while they fight for our country.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:50 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Oh, not to mention - is that the kind of person you want running around base housing, where it's predominantly young wives with young kids whose husbands are deployed? Not everyone is deployed at the same time, and some aren't in deploying jobs (at that particular command), but most bases there's usually a large number of women who have small children and their husbands gone. Is that REALLY the type of community you want to turn an armed robber or rapist loose in?!?
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:52 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Are you asking if criminals after serving the sentence and paying their debt to society should be allowed to join the armed forces and fight in any number of the wars we are always in?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:59 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I can think of 2 different possibilities as to what you're asking, and my answer to both is NO.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:16 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• If they are in prison what makes you think they would actually sit put or not join our enemy? I think all solid cases murders and sex offenders should be put to death right away. That would clear the prisons.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:16 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I didn't think they were giving the option of 'jail or army' anymore. Plus, they never gave it for 'high crimes'. It was for people who boot camp would really do some good and keep out of prison. Murders were never offered that option. (I thought.)

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:58 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I am not about to give a murderer training with weapons and more skills that they can use to harm people when they get back. Not to mention how many that person would probably rape /  murder of innocents while there...

I think it is a low opinion of the military that makes one believe a criminal can substitute for our soldiers

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:16 PM on Apr. 22, 2011