Is it weird that my landlord's family buys my kids gifts for the holidays?

Got a call today asking if i had space on the table by the wall, I said yes and about an hour later my landlords son and grandson show up with a fishtank for the kids as an Easter gift.

Background: I live in a 96 year-old woman's house. it has been sitting vacant now for 10 years full of her stuff before I moved in to take care of the place.. so it's HER house with some of my stuff in it here and there.

zoejains_momma

Asked by zoejains_momma at 11:45 AM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• I think it's sweet! We used to have a landlord that did the same thing- she would even just stop by at random with things for our kids. It was nice, and not weird!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:22 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I dont think its weird....maybe they just love kids!
    mrs.keen

Answer by mrs.keen at 11:47 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I think that is very sweet and NOT wierd.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:48 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• i think its sweet. maybe they just miss kids.. there children are adults now. and kids pull at ur heart strings. i would bake her some lemon squares lol..also her house has been vacant for so long shes probly thankful its rented takes a burden off her and the family.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 11:51 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Weird. If you moved today would the fish tank be yours?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:47 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• no i dont think its wierd .....my sisters gparents in law buy my kids bday gifts.......they are just very nice old people and my BIL is there only grandchild so i think they enjoy have kids around .....some people just enjoy purchases stuff for kids to make them smile....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 11:49 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• My landlords do the same thing. Not weird at all.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:54 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• we have lived here for 6 months now. The tank is ours now
    zoejains_momma

Comment by zoejains_momma (original poster) at 11:47 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• See, that's what I thought Keen but my ex seems to think it's something else..
    zoejains_momma

Comment by zoejains_momma (original poster) at 11:49 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I think it would be strange living in someones home I didn't really know and had all their stuff. I like having my own stuff/style so I couldn't do that.

As for them giving gifts no i don't see anything wrong with it. I'm sure they just like children.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 11:49 AM on Apr. 22, 2011