BIG PROBLEM!!

every morning my 8 month old son wakes up soaked in pee from head to toe. no matter if i change his diaper rite before he goes to bed. it doesnt seem to work. its starting to be a problem everything is starting to smell like pee. i have to change his crib sheets every morning. ive also tried huggies, luv, pampers, parents choice diapers. nothing seems to work. anybody have any advice?

bentley4eva

Asked by bentley4eva at 11:45 AM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• go up a size.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 11:47 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Wow. I've never had a baby, but maybe you should just change him again right before YOU go to bed also. Aren't there like special overnight diapers or something? Maybe try giving those a shot, and maybe putting some of those plastic underpants for potty training over his diaper as well.

Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Can you put waterproof matress cover on his matress? I'm not sure about the diaper over flowing, I guess he's well hydrated!
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 11:48 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• When I used disposable diapers I had that problem alot... I had to start using cloth diapers because he was allergic to disposable, and now I put him in a diaper with two liners for nights and we have had hardly any leaks... I'm not trying to talk you into cloth diapering but maybe just getting 3-4 of them for nights... they really do absorb nice. I use the Flip diapers they were not that expensive :) GL
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 11:49 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• make sure you have a plastic pad under the sheets to protect the mattress. You might just have to start getting him up once a night and just change him. Talk to your doctor to see if that is normal. I remember having to change the sheets every once in a while. Does he go to bed with a bottle? Maybe have last feeding of fluids 2 hours before bed and have oatmeal or cereal right before bed to satisfy the stomach. Good luck, and keep the bleach close!
    DLCarter2011

Answer by DLCarter2011 at 11:50 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I use Luv on my son and he still wakes up wet....he pees alot!! I limit his drinking before bed...my son is now 18 months old...so its a little different but all the same you just have to wake up in the middle of he nite and change him again...you will quit having the problem!!
    mrs.keen

Answer by mrs.keen at 11:51 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Try to find a small size of "Good Nites" diapers for kids. They hold alot more.
    TWOpeazINaPOD

Answer by TWOpeazINaPOD at 11:52 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• i cant find any overnight diapers in his size he is 8 months old n wears a size 2 diaper. otherwise i would try those. but i will try to go up a size first to see if it works. im hoping it will!!! thanx for the advixe everyone.
    bentley4eva

Comment by bentley4eva (original poster) at 11:53 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Huggies? Makes an overnight diaper that works well. Also use a rubber mattress pad. Also, cloth is good for overnight. I use a best bottom brand cloth diaper w 2 inserts for over night and the flip diaper w 2 liners during the day (Dd is a super soaker). Hope this helps:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:54 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• We had to go up a size for that reason also when our son was that age
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:57 AM on Apr. 22, 2011