Are there any other laid back moms/wives around?

I just feel that a lot of moms/wives have all these rules and high expectations, and I feel like I dont and I am kinda laid back and relaxed about most things. My kids know the rules and know that there are consequences for breaking them, but I don't freak out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Apr. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• Depends in which area's you are talking about - I am a non nagging wife and we really don't fight except when it comes to our son but when it comes to being a Mother I think I worry more, want him to explore more, learn more and we always try to stimulate him with learning and activites. I want to show him everything and anything I can.. so I guess that's not really "laid back" my Sister and SIL consider themselves laid back and they have a different view than I do in that area.. I think their laid back is pure lazy parenting and they don't care what their kids do and never play with them and yell as their form of punishment and say the same thing, their kids know their limits and what is right from wrong..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:00 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I'm kinda laid back, but then I'm 41 and tired.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 12:11 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I'm laid back most of the time,unless I'm PMSing then better watch it!!!
    sarah389

Answer by sarah389 at 12:01 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Yes and No.

Im laid back meaning I dont expect my kids to be perfectionist, I dont expect my kids to be perfect, I expect them to get dirty, make mistakes, have fun, be silly, and be a kid.

BUT I keep a tidy home, I cook every dinner, I need to be on time.

I am lax about what I have no control over.... and I do my best with what I have 100% control over.
    Anonymous

• My sister and I are so opposite in this way. I'm laid back and go with the flow. I'm strict and stern when time comes but I don't get crazy about little things. My sister is high strung about the little stuff. Dirty clothes loss of a hair barrette. It drives everyone nuts.
    KPeoples

Answer by KPeoples at 12:15 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I think I'm pretty laid back, she know the rules and she knows when I'm serious about something, but most things arent that big of a deal to me.....unfortunatly hubby is the exact opposite of me....although that might be a good thing lol...she has a nice little balance between the two of us
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:57 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I am so with you on that one!! I am not so stressed out about everything like others are...I mean I do whats right, my kids get what they need....I am just layed back as you say!
    mrs.keen

Answer by mrs.keen at 11:58 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Oh yeah, I am laid back!
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 12:06 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• For the most part laid back, believe me everyone knows there are consequences
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 12:06 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• i would say on 80 % of stuff i'm laid back but when it comes to the kids safety i'm a mom bear about it.....like the girls (15,13) cant be out after dark, they both have cell phones you can go to your friend house after school but you have to call me within 10minutes of school getting out...we dont do random sleep overs i have to know the parent first...we dont do school buses (long involved story)....but on the flip side the girls do activitys like soft ball, cheerleading, band, church trips , camps and a few other things.....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 12:11 PM on Apr. 22, 2011