16 and pregnant and teen mom

What do you think about these shows? Do they glamourize teen pregnancy or show viewers just how tough it really is?

lovinlifewith5

Asked by lovinlifewith5 at 11:57 AM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Entertainment

• i asked this question a few weeks ago.

I think ALL teens should watch it. To know it isn't easy and that guy who says "he loves you" doesn't stick around after the birth of your baby. That going out with friends doesn't happen and sleep, well that doesn't exsist.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 12:01 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I think they need to remove them from the air
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:59 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• In some instances they show the truth about it where everyone's different in their parenting styles but I think it shows most of all that these moms on the show much like others who aren't on t.v. are not responsible and mature enough to take on the task. Leah and Corey seem to be doing well but the stress of a child with and illness and being so young could be a breaking point for them but I am rooting for them. Chelsea is really not mature enough to be a mother and her judgement sucks. Her father paying for everything isn't teaching her anything. Watch the car crash happen in slow mo. Jenelle needs a kick in the ass. Parents like that make me sick. She should just get out of Jace's life now so she doesn't fuck him up. The other one, the blonde one is an idiot too. She needs to grow up as well.
    Anonymous

• I think they do a little bit of both. If that was my child, I would not let them be on TV for something like that.
    happynlovenlife

Answer by happynlovenlife at 12:01 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I refuse to watch them and wish they would be taken off the air. Even if they show how tough it is being a teen parent you will always have that one stupid teen girl who says "it isn't that bad, look how cute that baby is!" and thinks it's a good idea because "it" won't happen to her that way.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:03 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I don't watch the shows, but I can't help but see the media attention these girls get when they are off-camera. While their lives may be portrayed as chaotic and restricted on tv, they're on magazine covers in the grocery store on a weekly basis. Heck, how many posts in CM talk about them? I think THAT attention is extremely negative and very seductive to teenagers.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 12:09 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• A little of both. When the tabloids follow the girls around and publish stories about their lives I think it gives them more of a celebrity status.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:59 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I think that they drama it up quite a bit..But also shows it's not all fun like some teens seem to think it is. I was a teen mom at 17 married at 16 been 13 years ago. Still happy to this day. So when I see the show it in no way is similar to what I went through. But probably in most cases is the real deal for most teen moms. Even though like I said they seem to drama it up. I like to watch both shows..btw

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 12:01 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I won't watch either zoejains mamma.
    And I do think there are too many immature young girls who want to have a baby because "they are so cute" and want to have sex because they want to keep their boyfriend.ANd I bet they don't even think sex is that much fun---its just something to do. @@
    Teen moms who get married and have a happy marriage are VERY RARE. If you can do it and your marriage works, then that's wonderful ....but it hardly ever happens.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:09 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• like bizma4 i was a teen married my dd father at19 we have another dd and have been together for 9 years. I think its a good eye opener for teens to know how men will not stay because you have a child and most of them wont change if they treat you like crap before a kid doesnt always change that. i like the show and am so thankful my life didn't go that way its scary to think that could have been me.

whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 12:09 PM on Apr. 22, 2011