Are you independent?

What I mean is can you change a tire?
Start a charcoal grill?
Fix a broken flashlight?
Put up your own chrismas lights?

Do you think it's beneficial to know these things or do you rely on a man to do these things?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• I can do all the above except change a tire, but I know how to call AAA so the tire thing is okay. There are things I need to do for myself, I am an adult and my husband is my partner, but not their to take care of me.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 11:59 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I can do all that and more!

Answer by older at 11:59 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• My mother always told that if you want something done, do it yourself. That way, you know its done. My SO hates the fact sometimes, but i love it. That way, i don't have to cuss him out if it doesn't get done. I am teaching my daughter the same thing.
    yummysmummy

Answer by yummysmummy at 12:03 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• LOL I am an ExArmy wife.. we got left alone for a year at a time without a man to show us how to do everything or smash bugs so yeah.. I had to learn to do all that and them some!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:04 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Yes... and no.

When was the last time you tried to change a tire??? They put the lug nuts on now-a-days with those air powered machines. There is NO way I can get one of those off. I even tried jumping on the tire iron.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 12:05 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I can do all but the fixing of the broken flashlight, well depending on how broken it is, I can figure out the basics, but I have tried to fix some of my kids flashlights with no luck, and then my husband can fix them in a second. I think its good to know how to do things, but I do let my husband do it for me when he is around =)
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 12:06 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I am when I have to be. I'm the one who assembles furniture & toys, replaces door locks, and does technical things. DH does the stuff requiring brute strength.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 12:07 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I can do all of that and more. My Hubby's gone a month at a time, if I didn't do it, it wouldn't get done. When he's home he takes care of a lot of things, but I still take care of the things I know I can do. No sense in asking him to do those things just because he's home, he has enough on his plate.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:07 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I'm independent. I was single for more than 20 years and had to do most things on my own. I'm not single now so I don't have to do those things all by myself.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:07 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Sahlady
    Thats true, I havent changed a tire since high school, and it was on an older smaller car, I dont think there is any way I would be able to change the tires on my big truck. But I know how to call for help =)
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 12:08 PM on Apr. 22, 2011