Is Lying Just As Bad As Cheating?

I'm not talking when someone lies once. I'm talking when someone is constantly getting caught in lies. And even when asked they still lie. I don't think one excuses the other I'm just trying to get some insight.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• I think so. If they lie then you cant trust them
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:06 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• My ex would lie about everything for no apparent reason. I became resentful and fell out of love b/c I could not trust him.
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 12:09 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• it can be. if they keep lying to cover the lie the trust is gone either way because you are always asking yourself if what they are saying is the truth.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:11 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• lose trust.
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 12:13 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I think lying can damage a relationship just as easily as cheating will. You look trust respect and most of the time love for that person.

whitenena

• I agree with the two top posters. When they lie too much, you wonder what is the truth. You don't trust them anymore.
    dlee620

Answer by dlee620 at 12:25 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Lying is absolutely the most painful thing somebody can repeatedly do to you. When you question everything they say you can never live in peace.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:26 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Here is the situation - There is one lie that my husband has told that I can't get past. The NIGHT BEFORE our wedding he went out and got very drunk. I had to take care of him the day of the wedding because he was sick. He threw up when we were riding in the limo. I had heard he drank the night before but didn't realize the severity of it. I had to ask him on three different occasions until he finally said that yes he had drank too much and shouldn't have done so. This was quite a few months AFTER the wedding. There have been other litte lies throughout our relatinoship but nothing as bad as that. I had been texting a guy for a couple of days then kissed this guy. I told my huband and after a couple days apart we decided to work on things. I was fine with this although I didn't want to jump back into things which he did. He said he has told two people but he has told four and has lied to me when I ask if they know.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I understand my kiss isn't in comparison to his lying however why would he lie NOW? You think this would be the time to be the most honest, and yet he is not.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:43 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Not to really defend him.... but maybe he doesnt really remember all the facts of the night before your wedding.... IF he was THAT DRUNK!

I dunno
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 1:43 PM on Apr. 22, 2011